Puget Sound is pleased to offer an exciting performance
venue centrally located in the Seattle Center
and available at affordable rates. Whether you're
producing your first play or are seeking a smaller
venue to experiment with a new work, Theatre 4
will be well suited to your needs.
Located on the 4th Floor of the Seattle Center
House, Theatre 4 is a 75-seat proscenium style
performance space, fully equipped with raked seating,
a curtained backstage area, lobby with a ticket
counter and a dressing room area. The space is
further equipped with a professional quality stereo,
a NSI-brand, 24-channel, two-preset dimmer board
as well as a separate eight-channel, two-preset
dimmer board for house lights.
- Rates for performances start at $145 per
- Readings are $15 per hour, including basic
lights and sound (by request.)
- Liability insurance is included through
the Theatre 4 program.
About Theatre 4
Theatre 4 offers the community opportunities for risk
and exploration in a supportive and accessible environment.
Take advantage of the affordable rates and additional
benefits to produce your own work. Theatre 4 is a great
place to develop new works and increase audience exposure
to developing companies.
Theatre 4 also holds potential for teachers and students
to collaborate throughout the entire theatre production
process. The professional quality lighting and sound
system offers designers ample space to hone their skills
while working in an intimate and creative space. Explore
the possibilities of the creative and intimate environment,
while working with professional quality technical system.
It is open to all disciplines of art and available
to non-profit arts organizations and individual artists
who wish to develop, teach, and/or perform their creative
products, in a supportive and professional environment.
Works ranging from one-person shows, school showcases,
public readings, and full cast productions have and
can be produced in Theatre 4.
- 75 Seat Proscenium style theatre
- Dimensions: 28' 5" x 56'
- Ticket counter/concessions area
- Separate lobby area
- Tech booth with window overlooking the house/stage
- Backstage area with separate performer entrance
- Separate dressing room area
- Separate storage area
- Online ticketing services
- Technical consultations
Rate includes use of seating
risers. Limited use of basic stage lights sound equipment is available
upon request. Reading rate requires a four hour minimum
rental. A tour of the facilities is required prior to
- Basic performance rate (1-3 Performances:) $175/performance
- Basic performance rate (4-7 Performances:) $160/performance
- Basic performance rate (8+ Performances:) $145/performance
- Load-in, Non-technical rehearsals: $10 per hour
- Technical rehearsals: $15 per hour
- DEPOSITS (refunded after completion): $100 damage, $100 key, $375 pre-paid Tech Director time
Rate includes complete use of stage lighting and sound
equipment. A tour of the facilities is required prior
to booking. TPS will need to meet any technical personnel
prior to allowing them access to light/sound equipment.
TPS may require the presence of our Technical Director
during load-in and technical rehearsals. Technical Director
time will be billed at $15 per hour.
Theatre 4 is on the Seattle Center campus - on the
fourth floor of the Center House.
Since Theatre4 is primarily a performance space, taping is allowed only with prior notice and under the following circumstances:
- "indicate" rather than "outline" the entire stage area
- use ½" stage tape only
- Remove the tape on your last day (or, if noted, before the next performance in the space,) and be very careful when
doing so. TPS has a special tool available to help keep the tape from pulling up the paint on the floor.
to rent Theatre 4?
Contact: Shane Regan
Theatre Puget Sound