Job Description: Membership and Facility Liaison
Part time, 24-30 hrs/wk, Non-exempt | Reports to: Executive Director | Location: Seattle
Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is an arts service organization founded in 1997 to advocate for the region’s growing theatre community and provide meaningful services such as professional development, networking, and subsidized rehearsal and performance space.
Working at TPS:
The mission of TPS is to foster and advocate for a robust and equitable theatre community. As TPS moves toward becoming an anti-racist organization, we are eager to engage in processes, procedures, and programming decisions which benefits the whole of the community and take into account those who have been most impacted by systemic oppression in our discipline, and specifically the impacts of racial identity within our broader theatre community. We encourage meaningful dialogue, education, and engagement in the topic of race and social justice, bias, and anti-racist practices.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are committed to equity in all areas of our work and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. We strongly encourage those from groups not normally represented, to apply.
Overview of Position:
The Membership and Facility Liaison position is an hourly position, providing customer service and administrative support to all TPS membership and studio patrons. This position will assist with office reception, customer service, member card processing and communications, and various office functionality. This person should be most available during weekday-day time hours however office hours are flexible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide front desk customer service support
- Respond to question regarding membership or studio bookings via email, phone, and in-person
- Prep and send membership cards on weekly or monthly basis as needed
- Manage and update member benefit materials
- Brainstorm and cultivate partnerships for new membership opportunities in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Create Membership communications for marketing campaigns, professional development opportunities, or benefit updates
- Create and coordinate studio booking communications in collaboration with the Technical Director
- Assist in various programs or large events where additional staffing is required
- Provide data to Executive Director for the purpose of analysis and reporting
- Willingness to participate in TPS trainings and professional development.
Experience and Skills:
- Organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently while also working in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize a variety of job assignments
- Good interpersonal skills and experience in communicating with a variety of entities on a range of topics
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience in creating partnerships, sales experience, or other adjacent experience working with member benefit programs a plus but not essential
- Demonstrated commitment to issues of equity
Compensation and Benefits:
$19/hour, paid sick time accrual and flexible scheduling are available
To Apply: Please send a resume, cv, or other list of qualifications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter explaining your interest in the position is also appreciated.
Desired Start: January of 2020
Application Review: Begins December 12/23-12/30