Job Description: Bookkeeper
Part time, Non-exempt | Reports to: Executive Director | Location: Seattle Center
Compensation: $22-25/hour, 6-8 hrs/week
Summary: Performs the bookkeeping related tasks that provide finance and accounting support to the Executive Director and Finance Committee.
Key responsibilities include:
- Weekly entry of deposit information by account
- Weekly or as required check runs to pay invoices and expenses.
- Journal entries for transferring funds between accounts as directed by the Executive Director and/orTreasurer
- Payroll management (twice per month pay periods) and related IRS compliance
- Prepare and file all necessary taxes and tax documents
- Reconciliation of deposit and expense information against bank statements
- Periodic review and maintenance of donation/pledge records in conjunction with Development Manager
- Additional tasks include maintaining records related to all finance and other related activities.
- (Bi-monthly) Prepare financial forecasts and meeting with Finance Committee in collaboration with Executive Director
- Maintain accounting paper files
- Maintain confidentiality of the all internal information
- Stay informed and abreast of any policies, taxes, or funds which affect the financial requirements and responsibilities of the organization
Ideal candidates will possess advanced knowledge of basic accounting skills, Quickbooks (Standard and NonProfit edition), Intuit Payroll, general knowledge of pledge and fundraising procedures, and be technologically savvy. Candidates will be able to set their own hours and have a flexible schedule which also reasonably accommodates deadlines and reporting needs.
Work Environment: The work environment is an open concept office arrangement with regular engagement with membership and visits from all clientele.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. We strongly encourage those from groups not normally represented, to apply.
PDF version of job posting available here: Bookkeeper job description