Last year, TPS had the opportunity to do an in-depth assessment with the consultants at Campbell and Co. They walked us through every detail of what healthy fundraising systems and activities look like in a non-profit arts organization, and then helped us create a practical work plan that we are using to get on track.
TPS wants to share our knowledge and these resources with you. Join us for the “Fundraising Bootcamp.” In six 2.5-hour sessions, we will take a deep-dive into the core competencies needed for successful fundraising. We will hear from professionals in the field and have many opportunities to share learnings and resources among peers in the world of fundraising for theatre and the arts. The curriculum includes case studies, articles and other relevant materials to be consumed in preparation for each session. Participants will also have the opportunity to create a giving campaign unique to their organization or specified event in collaboration with their peers (with the help and feedback of the group), execute the campaign as part of the end of year giving season, and then return to the group to debrief and share findings.
The “Fundraising Bootcamp” is for you if:
- You are the development representative at your organization: staff member, volunteer, or board member.
- You have been in the field less than 5 years or currently have little to no access to technical training or support for fundraising.
It is not for you if:
- You are a seasoned development professional.
- Your organization has a robust fundraising staff.
Due to the collaborative nature of this project, a commitment of participation will be necessary as part of enrollment. We will meet on the following dates from 6:00p – 8:30pm:
March 19, 2019
April 2, 2019
April 16, 2019
April 30, 2019
May 14, 2019
Topics will include:
- Organizational Planning
- Building a culture of philanthropy in your organization
- Fundraising staffing and systems
- Fundraising activities, outcomes, and evaluation
- Managing board and volunteer fundraising
- Donor communications, management, and stewardship
- And more!
Cost is $350 for TPS members and $450 for non-members. Fill out the attached form (below) to register and return to TPS with payment no later than Friday, March 15, 2019!
Any questions/comments? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206)770-0370.