WORK WITH US!
Theatre Puget Sound is hiring a Development Manager. See below for details!
Job Description: TPS Development Manager
Full time, Salaried | Reports to: Executive Director | Location: Seattle
Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is a leadership and service organization founded in 1997 to advocate for the region’s growing theatre community’s causes and administer much-needed services. TPS is now the Northwest’s premiere arts advocacy and leadership organization, providing programming and services that benefit both the theatre community and the larger regional arts community. TPS has a two-fold mission: To promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public, and to unify and strengthen the theatre community through programs, resources, and services.
Overview of Position:
The primary focus of the Development Manager is to work with the Executive Director and Board Members with the implementation and execution of a fundraising strategy for Theatre Puget Sound. The Development Manager will be responsible for the management and production of all annual fund materials, including grants, donor benefits, corporate sponsorships, online campaigns, special events, and volunteer coordination. The Development Manager position requires high-level organizational skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to team work. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage an annual fund, GiveBig and other multi-channel, fundraising campaigns in line with and in support of the TPS mission
- Oversee donor relationships and stewardship practices and fulfill donor benefits for all sponsors
- Create donation materials including thank you letters, direct appeal materials, etc.
- Support the annual Gregory Awards, including in-kind and corporate sponsors, individual gifts, and volunteer management for the Gregory Awards
- Assist with writing and preparation of grant applications, final reports, and invoices for sponsorships, foundations and government agencies
- Create and manage annual fundraising special event
Experience and Skills:
- 2 years of experience in non-profit fundraising or evidence of successful management of fundraising campaigns and activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with a diverse work force
- Events or project management skills a plus
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of job assignments
- Experience of setting and working to budgets and deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
Salary and Benefits:
38-42k depending on experience. Includes health insurance, paid sick and vacation.
This position will be open until filled. Please send a cover letter and resume to: Ariel Bradler, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org