|Job Title:||Accounting & HR Clerk|
|Job Location:||Seattle Center, The Armory, 4th Floor|
|Closing Info:||Open until filled. Priority given to applications received by Monday, January 23|
|Compensation:||$15 – $22 / hour (DOE)|
|Employment Type:||Part-time, FTE TBD|
|Shift:||M-F Business hours|
Theatre Puget Sound has an excellent opportunity for a part-time Accounting & HR Clerk. Theatre Puget Sound is a small non-profit organization advocating and providing services for nearly 2000 individual members and 200 organizations around the region. The ideal candidate will have strong familiarity with the GAAP, excellent writing and communication skills, and be highly organized and attentive to detail. Strong proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel required. Non-profit experience preferred.
- Data entry
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Manage bank, online accounts, petty cash, and general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare/deliver bank deposits (requires driving)
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 6-7 employees
- Perform month-end closings
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare monthly/quarterly tax filings
- Prepare annual tax requirements: W2, 1099 (support CPA for 990)
- Track fixed assets and grant schedules and prepare depreciation schedule
- Support efforts to collect past-due accounts
- Support ED in creation of year-end forecasts
- Process benefits enrollments
- Assist with new employee orientations and I-9 compliance
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum two years’ experience in QuickBooks with medium to advance expertise preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Experience processing payroll
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Attention to detail
- Curiosity, finding information, and continuous learning orientation
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Problem solving and error correction
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and desire to learn
$15 – $22 per hour (DOE). The position is located on the Seattle Center campus. Includes a free TPS Membership. Does not include medical benefits. Staff development and training opportunities available for the right individual.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY.
- Fill out the application form at https://goo.gl/forms/dUDmlKbqYzpGac972
- Upload your letter of interest to https://goo.gl/8gkCvt
- Upload your resume to https://goo.gl/8gkCvt
NO PHONE CALLS.
About Theatre Puget Sound (TPS)
The Northwest’s leading arts advocacy and leadership organization, TPS was founded in 1997 to advocate for the region’s growing theatre community’s causes and administer much-needed services for artists. With a membership of more than 1800 individual and 145 organizations, we provide programming and services that benefit both the theatre community and the larger regional arts community. Our mission is to promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public, and to unify and strengthen the theatre community through programs, resources, and services.
Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is an equal opportunity employer committed to strengthening a more multicultural artistic community and the principle of diversity. TPS does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, status as a person with a disability, genetic information, or Protected Veteran status. TPS strongly encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, including women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.