Position Available: Executive Assistant /Office Manager, 20hrs/wk with growth and leadership potential
Founded in 1998, Theatre Puget Sound exists to promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public and to strengthen and unify the theatre community through programs, resources, and services.
Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to strengthening a more multicultural artistic community and the principle of diversity. TPS does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, status as a person with a disability, genetic information, or Protected Veteran status. TPS strongly encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, including women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
TPS is a small, open office consisting of 5 part-time, 2 full-time staff. We seek a combined position of Office Manager and Executive Assistant. This position will be split between overseeing the office as a whole and assisting our Executive Director. In this way, the position blankets all TPS programming. As Executive Assistant, you will be in contact with local government and arts administrators, as pertains to scheduling and attending meetings. As Office Manager, ongoing office and occasional event support is required, as well as being the main point of contact for staff needs. There is a production-manager aspect to this job. This position will assist in improving the processes and functionality of existing office systems as well as creating new ones – both for the office at large and for the ED professionally. Will direct report to ED.
- All professional scheduling, assistance and communications as pertain to the ED’s tasks
- Meeting prep – photocopying, printing, collating
- Attend occasional meetings, take and disperse minutes
- Assist with basic HR duties
- Manage the ED’s phone messages
- Drafting emails, statements etc.
- Track/update/maintain/oversee the TPS staff & org calendar
- Clean up and maintain orderly online and physical filing/storage systems
- Maintain and order supplies, incoming and outgoing Mail, basic cleaning
- Light reception / Manage the phone system
- Arrange and attend staff meetings, disperse minutes
Experience, Skills and Attributes – Applicant must have:
- The ability to work independently and set priorities for a high output
- Effective, open communication skills across platforms
- Strong attention to detail, solid organizational skills
- Flexibility, good humor, patience, and a mature, professional demeanor at all times.
- Orientation to the highest levels of customer service in all endeavors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Google applications. We also work with Asana, SurveyMonkey, Constant Contact and a variety other programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Regard for the TPS mission and its role in the arts community
Terms and Compensation: The position is 0.5 FTE (20hrs/week) between 10-5 M-F. Consistant hours a must. Compensation: $13 per hour. Pro-rated PTO and Sick Leave accrued at the 0.5 FTE rate. Located on Seattle Center campus. This position has no remote or telecommuting options.
Using the subject “Executive Manager,” please submit letter of interest and resume.
Post: Theatre Puget Sound, PO Box 19643, Seattle WA 98109
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Submission Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submissions received by November 29 will receive priority review.