This position has been filled. Thank you.
Theatre Puget Sound Development Manager Job Announcement
The Development Manager is responsible for all contributed Income operations of Theatre Puget Sound. This includes but is not limited to writing and submitting grants, maintaining a Development Calendar; management of donation information (currently using Exceed! software), coordinating donor events, developing new and maintaining current individual donor contacts; and generally collecting funds to reach the company’s budget goals for contributed income, and all other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1998, the mission of Theatre Puget Sound is to promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public and to strengthen and unify the theatre community through programs, resources, and services.
- TPS Promotes the regional performing arts community through audience engagement tools and initiatives such as the Seattle Performs website, cooperative advertising, Arts Crush and the TPS Stage at Bumbershoot.
- TPS Strengthens the regional performing arts community by providing educational programming, diverse resources for individuals and organizations, advocacy, and services that strive to improve the quality of life for our region’s theatre artists.
- TPS Unifies the regional performing arts community by acting as a physical and virtual gathering place, managing rehearsal/ performance spaces and producing the annual Gregory Awards and Unified General Auditions.
A service organization with both individual members and organizational members, TPS will look to the Development Manager to maintain previous funding relationships as well as create and cultivate new ones.
In partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Manager will spearhead development efforts as Theatre Puget Sound continues to grow. A new position at this time, the Manager will have the opportunity to strengthen current efforts and identify and build new development opportunities.
This position will work closely with the Director of Programming and the Board of Directors, as well as the ED and staff.
This is a .5 – .8 FTE position
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage donor info and relations in Exceed!
- Bring your personal creativity to the fund raising efforts of TPS
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships
- Create and execute a strategy for building our individual donor base
- Overseeing organization of special events related to development
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Three to five year’s professional fundraising experience, preferably in the arts.
- Comfortable with the level of responsibility required of fund raisers
- Initiate projects and work independently while also being a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable developing relationships and engaging a wide variety of personality types
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working with deadlines, and working effectively with others on the team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Database management experience – Exceed! experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking and representing TPS
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and work within deadlines.
Send resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to Karen Lane at email@example.com
Position open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5pm March 28.