THEATRE PUGET SOUND
Position Available: Programs/Marketing Assistant
Job Description: TPS is looking for a temporary, part-time employee to assist with Arts Crush coordination, promotions and outreach. This position requires project management, community outreach experience, excellent communication skills and customer service, social media expertise, program planning, and event coordination. Employee will work under the direction of and in collaboration with TPS Deputy Director.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and, therefore, have a short application timeline. Application deadline is May 24 at 12pm. Employment would begin the first week of June.
- Manage database of Arts Crush participants and communicate with organizations, artists and businesses around recruitment for and participation in the festival.
- Assist with the building of strategic partnerships and actively participate in general outreach and community engagement efforts.
- Assist with management of Crush Crew – a group of diverse young adults whose personal arts experiences will serve as the backbone of our marketing campaign and for whom we will create specific programming opportunities during the festival.
- Oversee coordination and management of TPS Arts Crush events, including Kick-Off Fair, Theatre Suites and Crush Crew programming.
- Assist with development of marketing materials, event coordination and patron services.
- Define and execute social media strategy including awareness and content generation on social networks.
- Manage portfolio of social media accounts and engage with online audiences, both reactively and proactively
- Respond to written and phone inquiries relating to Arts Crush programming.
- Research and write content for communications materials as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Highly organized and attentive to details.
- Strong oral and written communications skills plus excellent customer service experience.
- Able to work under pressure and under tight deadlines as well as successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with and engaging diverse communities.
- Experience with social media marketing and innovative engagement strategies.
- Computer proficiency is a MUST: Must be familiar with all Microsoft Windows programs including Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Adobe design programs a major plus but not a requirement.
Terms and Compensation: The position is 32 hours/week with compensation at $12.00 per hour. Employment will begin in early June and end in early November. No benefits.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to Deputy Director Sam Read at:
Post: Theatre Puget Sound, PO Box 19643, Seattle WA 98109
Submission Deadline: May 24, 2012 at 12pm
Theatre Puget Sound is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages all applicants.