The Arts Crush Kick-off Fair needs you! Come help TPS launch this amazing festival.
(Can’t come Sunday? We also need volunteers to distribute festival guides. Pick up some up in the office and distribute them in your favorite neighborhood haunts! Reply to the email address below.)
When: Sunday 9/22 from 9:30-12 or 12-3
Crafts Table monitors
Information Table managers
General set-up and break-down duties included.
How: Please reply to Marianna at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred time slot and phone number.
Refreshments will be provided!
A primo Halloween performance slot has opened up in Theater4:
3 weekends, 10/12-13 , 10/19-20 and 10/26-27.
Take a look at the rental calendar for specifics about dates:
For rates and basic info, visit:
If interested, please contact Marianna at email@example.com
Theatre Puget Sound has a fantastic lineup of local theatre at the 2013 Bumbershoot Stage and we need your help wrangling it! We need volunteers to help with seating, crowd management, talking up Arts Crush and being a great representative of the local theatre scene. Our stage is only open from 2-8pm and your pass is good for the whole day, so you will have time to take in the sights of Bumbershoot when you volunteer!
DATES: Saturday August 31 through Monday, September 2, 2013
If you’re available the whole day I love you but we will also have shifts of 1-5:30 and 5-9 for those who can only do a half-day.
The 2013 Bumbershoot Theatre Puget Sound Stage features a lineup of..
- theater simple’s OWL & PUSSYCAT!
- The improv stylings of NERDPROV!
- Performers’ Forge joins the battle with A SWASHBUCKLING SPECTACULAR!
- Emmett Montgomery has WEIRD AND AWESOME WITH EMMETT MONTGOMERY!
- Matt Smith tells a story in MY LAST YEAR WITH THE NUNS!
- Music AND improv? Tell us how it’s done, IMPROMPTU!
- Annex Theatre revives the puppet sex in AUDREY & NELSON: A PUPPET SEX MUSICAL!
TO APPLY: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability as well as a contact # and email. Priority will be given to Theatre Puget Sound members and previous volunteers. Thank you!
You will be notified of your participation status on Tuesday, August 20.
TPS Storage Room Purge is changing shape. We still need volunteers. Please note that this is for Friday, not Thursday:
FRIDAY 7/26 AT 9a
Meet at the 4th floor offices. We will be moving items from the storage rooms on the 4th floor to the ground floor.
Email email@example.com for questions or to “RSVP”.
THANK YOU ALL!!!
TPS Storage Room Purge!
Thursday July 25th 12p-3p and
Friday July 26th 9a-12p
Does clearing out the garage give you satisfaction? How about the closet? TPS is cleaning house. Help us make room for more awesome resources.
We’ll meet at the TPS office on the 4th floor of the Seattle Center House. We’ll be going through storage rooms you never knew existed, loading items into a truck and disposing of them. Wear your grubby clothes and be prepared to schlep.
Refreshments and treats provided!
This is a volunteer effort and we intend to thank those who spend their time helping us. We are offering a couple hours of rehearsal credits to be used when needed.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to join in the purge!
TPS is searching for passionate theatre lovers to bring their expertise to the annual Gregory Awards. See plays for free while using your critical eye to rate plays, performances and artistic elements. Your ratings will shape the Nominee List for the 2014 Gregory Awards which will then be voted on by Theatre Puget Sound members.
- Anyone located in the Greater Seattle Metropolitan/Puget Sound area is invited to apply. No specific requirements for age or experience; just an appreciation for the art of theatre!
- Special consideration given to those willing to travel outside of the Seattle city limits to see plays
- Nominators will see about 15-20 shows per season depending on amount of shows/Nominators in a season. Immediately after seeing each play, Nominators will grade each element based on a 1-100 rating criteria provided to them.
- You do not need to be a TPS member to apply. Please, pass this along to anyone you know!
The 2013-2014 awards season begins August 1. Apply now and join the celebration!
To apply: http://nominate.gregoryawards.org/nominator/apply
For more details on the nomination process: http://tpsonline.org/download/gregorynomprocess.pdf
Theatre Puget Sound seeks a Full-charge bookkeeper for small non-profit organization 10-15 hours per week. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills and be highly organized and attentive to details. Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel required. Non-profit experience preferred.
- Preparing financial statements.
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Managing bank and general ledger reconciliations, as well as payroll processing.
- Preparing annual tax filings: W2, 1099 and 990.
- Preparing quarterly tax filings.
- Performing month end closings.
- Tracking fixed assets & grant schedules and preparing depreciation schedule
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum three years of experience in QuickBooks with expert level preferred not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel required
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and a desire to learn
- Sense of humor and patience
$14 – $19 per hour (DOE)
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Our offices are located on the 4th floor of the Armory at Seattle Center. You may hand deliver an application.
The position is open until filled. Applications received by July 8 will receive priority screening.
Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is a leadership and service organization founded in 1997 to advocate for the region’s growing theatre community’s causes and administer much-needed services. TPS is now the Northwest’s premiere arts advocacy and leadership organization. TPS has a two-fold mission: To promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public, and to unify and strengthen the theatre community through programs, resources, and services. TPS serves nearly 1,500 theatre practitioners and over 140 performing arts organizations within our region.
Want to give TPS membership a shot? Now’s your chance to do it half price! 2013 Membership individual membership is now $28 and lasts through the end of the year. You’ll get access to our audition listings, our member mailing list, and your TPS card gets you discounts to nearly every theatre in town. You’ll also be able to vote for the 2013 Gregory Awards (and get a discount to the ceremony) while supporting a member-driven organization dedicated to the future of the region’s theatres and artists. Nearly 1,600 individuals and 140 Organizations have already joined this year.. join us!
Individual membership for $28
Organizational membership starting at $50
Collin Schreiber, a local actor, director and writer, passed away suddenly over the weekend. He was seen in Pickman’s Model at Open Circle Theater in 2010 and recently
wrote and directed The Thrilling Adventures of the Famous Lewis & Clark! at Annex. A memorial celebration in honor of his life is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday May 7th. at the Ballroom in Fremont: 456 N 36th Street, Seattle, from 9 to close.
This position has been filled. Thank you.
Theatre Puget Sound Development Manager Job Announcement
The Development Manager is responsible for all contributed Income operations of Theatre Puget Sound. This includes but is not limited to writing and submitting grants, maintaining a Development Calendar; management of donation information (currently using Exceed! software), coordinating donor events, developing new and maintaining current individual donor contacts; and generally collecting funds to reach the company’s budget goals for contributed income, and all other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1998, the mission of Theatre Puget Sound is to promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public and to strengthen and unify the theatre community through programs, resources, and services.
- TPS Promotes the regional performing arts community through audience engagement tools and initiatives such as the Seattle Performs website, cooperative advertising, Arts Crush and the TPS Stage at Bumbershoot.
- TPS Strengthens the regional performing arts community by providing educational programming, diverse resources for individuals and organizations, advocacy, and services that strive to improve the quality of life for our region’s theatre artists.
- TPS Unifies the regional performing arts community by acting as a physical and virtual gathering place, managing rehearsal/ performance spaces and producing the annual Gregory Awards and Unified General Auditions.
A service organization with both individual members and organizational members, TPS will look to the Development Manager to maintain previous funding relationships as well as create and cultivate new ones.
In partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Manager will spearhead development efforts as Theatre Puget Sound continues to grow. A new position at this time, the Manager will have the opportunity to strengthen current efforts and identify and build new development opportunities.
This position will work closely with the Director of Programming and the Board of Directors, as well as the ED and staff.
This is a .5 – .8 FTE position
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage donor info and relations in Exceed!
- Bring your personal creativity to the fund raising efforts of TPS
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships
- Create and execute a strategy for building our individual donor base
- Overseeing organization of special events related to development
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Three to five year’s professional fundraising experience, preferably in the arts.
- Comfortable with the level of responsibility required of fund raisers
- Initiate projects and work independently while also being a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable developing relationships and engaging a wide variety of personality types
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working with deadlines, and working effectively with others on the team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Database management experience – Exceed! experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking and representing TPS
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and work within deadlines.
Send resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to Karen Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5pm March 28.