Organizational Member Benefits
TPS provides an enormous amount of valuable services to our membership. However, your benefit from TPS membership is much greater than the sum of services rendered. As a member of TPS your organization is making an investment in the future of our region's theatres, artists and audiences. TPS does a great deal of advocacy work on behalf of the Puget Sound performing arts community, through which all involved in that community benefit.
Performing arts companies of all sizes that produce or present performances in the Puget Sound region.*
*Please note that TPS organizational membership is strictly reserved for producing and/or presenting performing arts organizations. TPS does not accept membership applications from non-producing entities. If you are a performing arts industry related business or service provider, we encourage you to partner with TPS as an Affiliate.
TPS Organizational Members receive:
- an organizational record on the TPS website that includes detailed information about your company, your logo and link to your website (example)
- detailed organizational profile and posting privileges at our online performance calendar, www.seattleperforms.com, the most comprehensive and user friendly web calendar for live theatre in the region.
- access to our popular communications tools such as our online message boards and e-mail listserv
- opportunities to participate in TPS collaborative marketing programs such as cooperative print advertising
- eligibility for Gregory Award nominations for Outstanding Production and Theatre of the Year
- access to cost effective event liability insurance
- discounts to all TPS events, including our Unified General Auditions, member forums and educational programming
- opportunities to network and learn from your peers via our community summits
- a select number of individual umbrella memberships for your staff, volunteers or board members and the opportunity to provide even more of your staff with discounted Associate Memberships
Most importantly, your membership will support the advocacy work of TPS, the strongest and most persuasive regional voice on local and national issues that impact our region's performing arts community.
PLEASE NOTE: Filling out an application for Organization Membership with Theatre Puget Sound can take up to 30 minutes (less for renewing members.)
Please have all pertinent information ready when you apply. You will need details such as your company's annual budget (for production organizations), a list of your board of directors, staff lists, rehearsal and performance space capacities, umbrella member's names and emails, and much much more.
If payment in full is a burden at this time, please contact the TPS Office at 206.770.0370 to discuss alternative payment options. Alternative payment proposals must be submitted in writing and presented to the Board of Directors for final approval.