Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is a leadership and service organization founded in 1997 to advocate for the regionís growing theatre communityís causes and administer much-needed services. TPS is now the Northwestís premiere arts advocacy and leadership organization, providing programming and services that benefit both the theatre community and the larger regional arts community.
TPS has a two-fold mission: To promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public, and to unify and strengthen the theatre community through programs, resources, and services.
Throughout our history we have built and maintained programs and services that serve to promote, strengthen and unify the regional performing arts community.
TPS Promotes the regional performing arts community through audience development tools and initiatives such as the Seattle Performs website, cooperative advertising, Arts Crush and the TPS Stage at Bumbershoot.
TPS Strengthens the regional performing arts community by providing educational programming, diverse and cost-effective resources for both individuals and organizations, advocacy on both local and national platforms, and services that strive to improve the quality of life for our regionís theatre artists.
TPS Unifies the regional performing arts community by acting as a physical and virtual gathering place. TPS manages affordable rehearsal and performance spaces and produces the annual Gregory Awards and the TPS Unified General Auditions. TPS also has one of the most active virtual communities in the nation that hosts an interactive website, talent database, message boards and listserv.
By joining TPS you will be connected to a network of over 140 performing arts organizations and 1,700 practitioners who have joined forces to help nurture and sustain the Puget Sound performing arts community. Members include companies of all sizes, as well as actors, directors, choreographers, designers, playwrights, technicians, & administrative staff.
TPS provides an enormous amount of valuable services to our membership. However, your benefit from TPS membership is much greater than the sum of services rendered. As a member of TPS you are investing in the future of our regionís theatres and artists. TPS does a great deal of advocacy work on behalf of the Puget Sound performing arts community, through which all involved in that community benefit.
Membership dues are a main source of funding for all of our programs and services. By joining TPS you are helping us nurture and sustain our collective community.
Performing arts companies of all sizes that produce or present performances in the Puget Sound region.*
Member Dues range from $100.00 - $600.00 (based on annual operating budget)
-- Organizational Member Benefits
-- Join Now
*Please note that TPS organizational membership is strictly reserved for producing and/or presenting performing arts organizations. TPS does not accept membership applications from non-producing entities. If you are a performing arts industry related business or service provider, we encourage you to partner with TPS as an Affiliate.
Individual performing arts practitioners living or working in the Puget Sound region.
Membership, however, is not limited to practitioners. If you are an individual who has a passion for the performing arts and wishes to support TPS's mission - by all means join! We welcome anyone working in the field of performing arts, as well as volunteers, donors, board members and audience members!
- Individual Member Dues:
Standard membership includes:
- An online profile with room for a bio, 4 headshots, and a resume
- TPS Membership card with discounts to local theatres and related businesses
- Access to the TPS audition and industry mailing lists
- Star Membership:
Standard membership PLUS:
- 1 General Admission ticket to the GREGORY AWARDS (Date and location TBA)
- 10 extra images on your profile
- A special glow around your headshot on the front page! (see example here)
- VIP Membership:
Standard membership PLUS:
- 1 VIP ticket to the GREGORY AWARDS (Date and location TBA)
- 20 extra images on your profile
- Special recognition on the TPS site and The Gregory Awards program
- PRIORITY access to TPS sponsored events (more details soon)
- An EXTRA special glow around your headshot on the front page! (see example here)
- Student Member Dues:
- $35 (must provide student identification
Membership valid through December 31, 2014
-- Individual Member Benefits
-- Join Now
Please note that as an individual member you are prohibited from using TPS services to advertise for or post on behalf of a company or business that is not associated with TPS. Individual member promotion of a non-member company via TPS Marketing services will be reviewed on a case by case basis by TPS Management.
What can you do if you have a business or company of your own that you wish to promote:
• If your company is producing or presenting performing arts events , you must join TPS as an organizational member to take advantage of the outstanding services provided to our organizations.
• If you have a business that serves as your primary source of income (such as teaching, coaching, photography, consulting, graphic design, etc.) you must partner with TPS as a Business Affiliate in order to take advantage of TPS’s tremendous promotional opportunities.