TPSOnline.org Message Boards
August 23, 2017, 07:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Member? Are your events listed on http://seattleperforms.com? List them now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Naomi Mercer Voice: New Free Closed Facebook Group  (Read 282 times)
TPS Admin
Administrator
Diva

View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »

Sponsor Message From Naomi Mercer:

Dearest fellow performers of the Puget Sound region,

Is this year flying by or WHAT?!  Between politics, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and summer FINALLY coming to us after the most grueling winter ever, I feel like I've never had more distractions in my life.  Enjoying summer is a welcome distraction.  But the rest of it doesn't really make me any money or help me move forward with my goals.  So before another day escapes us, I want to get my closed Facebook group in the mix. 

You might ask, "What's so special about a closed Facebook group?"

Welp, for starters, it's FREEEEEE:)  It's also very interactive--people participate in discussions, give each other tips, and talk about what's going on right now in the industry.  You can get advice from either myself or another vo actor that might be a couple levels above you.  Or, if you're feeling generous, you can give advice to someone with less experience than you.  Calling it "closed" only means that not just anyone can join.  It's for two types of people - people who are serious about becoming a working voice over talent or people who are currently working regularly in the field.

Plus there are some very simple rules that keep things nuttin' but productive:)  Stuff like no self promotion except during designated times, or topics for the day - like Workin' Wednesday (Whatcha workin' on?) or Goal Digger Friday (What are your goals this week?) - so we can spark discussions that everyone can learn something from.

I've only recently learned how helpful closed groups are.  For my recording and editing, I use Adobe Audition and I joined the closed group for it, Inside Audition.  It's great for posting questions when I'm stumped with the software.  Sometimes I just read through all the posts because I learn so much!  Plus the developers are on there all the time and they chime in regularly. 

If you ask me a question on this new closed Facebook group, I can give you an answer that everyone can see and learn from.  It's going to be awesome!  Fellow voice over colleagues, I give you the Voice Over Talent Collective (you can call it the VOTC for short).

See you there!!

Naomi

NULL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: