TPSOnline.org Message Boards
July 27, 2017, 02:49:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Member? Are your events listed on http://seattleperforms.com? List them now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call for Director - MonoMyth Theatre new fall show In Short Order  (Read 359 times)
Cathy Herzog
Apprentice

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »

A Call for Directors

‘When I wrote my piece Interview for MonoMyth Theatre’s short play festival, Unmuted, I never intended for it to go farther than that stage.  As a writer, it was a very personal script where my irrational fears found a place to stay.  I felt that, if I wrote these fears down, they might never materialize.  Except now, I keep hearing these stories about people being turned away at our borders, people who are legally allowed to come to our country, and I’m beginning to realize maybe this isn’t as far off as I would like to imagine.  As a theatre company, we discovered that there is so much more to tell.’ – Britt Hobson, writer of Interview

MonoMyth Theatre is looking for a director for our next project, In Short Order, opening in October 2017.  We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative individual who enjoys working with new works.  We have pulled inspiration from difficult and often terrifying situations that we have seen happen.  Our piece is an anthology composed of three separate stories that encompass one common thread, and that is a subtle fear that we all have brewing inside.

We are looking for a director who has sensitivity to the problems in society and an understanding of the subtlety that can exist in horror. This director should be able to find the comedic moments in tense and even terrifying situations. This director is someone who is excited to tackle three entirely different scripts and work with three entirely different writers as we put this show together. If this sounds like you - we want to talk to you!

The rehearsal period will take place between early September and mid-October - specific days are still to be determined, so if you have conflicts, please let us know and we can work around them.

The show will go up at the Slate Theatre in the Inscape Arts Building in Sodo from October 23 through Nov 12. The show will run Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.

Audition dates are still to be announced.

Please note that this is a new work.  We are looking for someone who is excited to work on a new, previously unproduced work.

There is a small stipend available for this project.

If this sounds like a project you would like to be involved in - keep on reading! We would like to know a little bit about you, so please prepare a cover letter telling us a little about yourself and your background in theatre, what kind of shows you you love to direct, and what theatre means to you. Please send your cover letter and a copy of your resume to monomyththeater@gmail.com by June 28, 2017. 

-MonoMyth Theatre

NULL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: