Title: Box Office and Volunteer Manager
Status: Part-Time – 25 hours per week
Supervisor: Managing Director
Job Position Summary: The Box Office and Volunteer Manager is the face of ArtsWest to our patrons and volunteers. As such, it is essential that this position provides exemplary customer service and great care in providing the best patron and volunteer experience possible, with clear focus on upholding ArtsWest’s values. The position oversees the day-to-day functioning of the Box Office and Volunteer Program including the supervision of front of house staff. This position also provides administrative support to Leadership and the Development Officer.
• Assures a high quality experience for ArtsWest’s patrons by supporting the professional operation of the front of house, including but not limited to ticketing patrons over the phone and in-person, resolving ticketing and patron seating issues, assessing and providing complimentary tickets and other accommodations.
• Updates patron contact information in Patron Manager, uploads patron content to our constant contact and CRC lists.
• Prepares Patron Manager reports as needed, to support marketing, development and management needs.
• Oversees the subscription process each season, which includes ticketing through Patron Manager, tracking new orders, sending out tickets and vouchers through letters, and being available by phone and email during box office hours to assists our patrons.
• Supports subscriber loyalty through the preparation and dissemination of subscriber pre-show emails. Supports the Marketing Manager in the execution of surveys or other forms of subscriber reporting
• Assures that the Box Office, Gallery, concessions, and theater house are safe, clean and inviting through self-work or through the supervision of front of house staff.
• Prepares, updates and disseminates front of house schedules for performances and events.
• Performs house manager and bartender duties as required.
• Assures that the front of house staff maintain up to date food handlers and bartender’s licenses.
• Ensures that the cash flow processes and risk management systems are being adhered to by front of house staff.
• Tracks status of concessions supplies and assures that adequate stock is maintained and the concessions room is neat and tidy.
• Oversees a volunteer program that is accessible, expedient, and meets legal requirements for both the volunteers and organization while maintaining AW values.
• Works with the Managing Director to support volunteer recruitment, training and recognition.
• Works with all departments – production, marketing and development to match volunteers with organizational needs.
• Collects, processes and maintains volunteer registration forms, including conducting WA State background checks.
• Maintains volunteer tracking of hours.
As time allows, this position will provide administrative support to the Managing and Artistic Directors as well as the Development Officer. Duties could include:
• The matching of invoices to receipts, calling to inquire as to accounts receivable/payable.
• Taking mail to the Post Office, taking deposits to the bank.
• Assisting the Development Officer with the preparation of donor letters.
• Answering organizational inquiries through email or over the phone.
• Completing on-line organizational renewals.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• One year Box Office, administrative or other customer service experience.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Excellent computer skills a must.
• Familiarity with Patron Manager and Microsoft Office a plus.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to Laura Lee, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.