TPSOnline.org Message Boards
August 17, 2017, 01:32:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Member? Are your events listed on http://seattleperforms.com? List them now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wha? Yes, you! in TWO RING CIRCUS Oct 1 & 2 ... Gary Austin is back!  (Read 819 times)
TPS Admin
Administrator
Diva

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2016, 01:23:46 PM »

GARY AUSTIN's TWO RING CIRCUS comes to Seattle with YOU as the players.
Limited Space
​Saturday and Sunday, October 1st and 2nd, 2016

Gary Austin is the Founder and Original Director of THE GROUNDLINGS, Los Angeles’ premier character-based improvisational theatre company.

"Working with Gary Austin taught me the joy of improvisation and gave me courage as an actor.  I no longer assume I know what my limits are" ~ Helen Hunt

This workshop is not for the faint of heart.

If after reading the descriptions (see below) and you are curious, challenged, and you want to create some kind of wonderful, take the plunge and sign up.
This is an exploration first from the physical that then unfolds into story by the relationship you create with everything and everyone on stage. And you get to share the stage with another player!

Some local Seattle actors who have braved the 48th Street Exercise: Wonder Russell, Lisa Levan, Mike Fuller (who just returned from the Two Ring on the Groundling stage), Carol Sparer, Amy Sedgwick, Jim Burgess, Craig Nelson, Samara Lerman...

See you there...Kay

SATURDAY and SUNDAY OCTOBER 1st and 2nd
1:00 - 6:00 pm

Course title: TWO RING CIRCUS

Course description:  Two actors perform the 48th St. Exercise simultaneously.  Two Ring Circus is also known as the 96th Street Exercise.

Participants must register for both Saturday and Sunday. 
Class size is limited to a maximum of 12 participants.  First deposits determine class list.

Recent Two Ring Circus at the Groundlings including Seattle transplanted actor, Bridget O'neill (at 55:12) with LA's Kinna McInroe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw_OBM8Yx7A

"In TWO RING CIRCUS actors simultaneously do improvised solo performance, sometimes playing together and then returning to their solo performance."

FEE
$200

AUDIT $40 per day

WORKSHOP LOCATION
Puget Sound Yacht Club
2321 North Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98103

REGISTRATION
A 50% DEPOSIT is required to guarantee a spot.
At PayPal
GeneAndRoy@gmail.com as payee
or by MAIL
Gary Austin
12359 Emelita St.
Valley Village, CA 91607

Be sure to include your contact information
Deposits are non-refundable. Missed classes are non-refundable. In the event of illness or emergency, classes may be made up on a space-available basis at the sole discretion of the instructor.

"THREE WOMEN WHO BRLLIANTLY ARTICULATE "THE 48th STREET EXERCISE." - Gary
LIBBY SKALA: (Read more of Libby's description)
What I love about your solo exploration workshop is that it’s the ultimate writer’s block remover. It provides the perfect forum to discover material from a visceral, rather than an critical, analytical place.
By committing to arbitrary physical actions, adjustments, vocal patterns, and locations on stage, I find myself step by step, freed from the need to look and sound good, clever and intelligent. I become immersed in play and movement and speech flow freely. I enter the world of the heart and not the head....
BRIDGET O'NEILL: (Read more of Bridget's description)
Gary Austin makes for one very interesting teacher. I enjoy working with him. I don’t always know what to expect from him, but the surprises work both ways, I rarely know what to expect from myself. He has this distinct ability to keep one deliciously off balance and this, combined with his unique tools and exercises, creates a wonderful environment for discovery. Never have I surprised myself more than in Gary’s Solo Performance “48th Street” Exercise...
KAY LAVERGNE JAZ: (Read more of Kay's description)
This is the ultimate fusion of all that is wonderful about improvisation. Everything on stage and that which I create is the “other”. There are people, places and things that morph into the land of my making by my 100% commitment to the movement, to the here and now. Intention collides with imagination all on the wave of trust that comes from the scary place of embracing the uncomfortable...

NULL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: