TPSOnline.org Message Boards
December 14, 2017, 09:15:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Member? Are your events listed on http://seattleperforms.com? List them now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PR: ANNEX THEATRE'S "SPIN THE BOTTLE" - GUEST CURATOR JANUARY EDITION!  (Read 2237 times)
Christopher Comte
Diva

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »

Even when you're in a good groove, it's good to shake things up a little.  I've been writing fairy tales for decades now, but last year Sari Breznau approached me about writing some fairy tales with songs that she could write music for and lead her chorale, the Singing in the Rain Family Choir, in singing along with my storytelling.  I said yes!  And the result was one of the most fun performing experiences I've ever had.  Sari and I (and co-composer Eric Padget) have taken that story, created another one, streamlined it for a chorus of four, and it opens tonight at Annex Theatre:  STORY & SONG!

I've curated every Spin the Bottle since September of 1997 and I'm not bored yet, but it's time to shake that up a little too:  This year, every other month is going to have a guest curator, starting this month with actress/performance artist ERIN PIKE.  Some things won't change -- gude/laurance will be there, and every show will still end with a little smut, but expect some new voices and new spins on the Spin the Bottle guarantee of a little bit of everything. 

Come down to Annex Theatre this Friday night at 11 pm and see who Erin's roped in for a night of delights:

>>   Tales from the wrestling ring by JAKE YNZUNZA!
>>   A musical excerpt from Annex's upcoming show, STORY & SONG!
>>   Speedy book promotions from GUDE/LAURANCE!
>>   Candy-inspired dance by MARKEITH WILEY!
>>   Dramatic theatrics written by BRET FETZER, directed by RACHEL DELMAR!
>>   Droney garage band ballads by LE CANCER!
>>   Real-life, teenage diary entries read by NATASHA RANSOM! 
>>   A snippet of theater from KEIKO GREEN!
>>   Reptilian smut by KELLEEN CONWAY BLANCHARD!
...and more, more, more!

Guest hosted by the inimitable, the irrepressible, the unmistakable REBECCA MMMM DAVIS!

Spin the Bottle takes place at Annex Theatre, just off the corner of Pike & 11th on Capitol Hill.  Only $10, and your ticket also functions as a free raffle ticket.  Good stiff drinks can be had at the bar for dirt cheap prices.  Want to know more about Annex?  Go to <www.annextheatre.org>, where you can also buy tickets.

Yours, StB producer Bret Fetzer

“People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.”
                Bob Dylan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: