Live Girls! is currently seeking submissions of 10-minute plays written by women for our 15th annual festival of short plays, Quickies. The deadline for submissions has been extended to December 1, 2013.
Email submissions only.Please read the submission guidelines below carefully and follow the instructions!
MORE ABOUT QUICKIES 15:
Quickies is a Live Girls! trademark event and our longest running program. Our 15th installment of this short play event will include 7 short plays by women, as well as feature up and coming local directors and actors. This spring we will be working with the themes of ”Science
” & “Magic
.” Plays that fit with either or both of these themes in some way are highly encouraged, though not required. Quickies Volume 15 will be performed in association with Theater Off Jackson in April 2014.
New works are encouraged but submissions that have had previous productions outside of Seattle will still be accepted.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Themes for Quickies' 15th edition are “Science” & “Magic.” Plays that fit with either or both of these themes in some way are highly encouraged, though not required.
- Playwrights may submit up to 3 short plays total. They should be close to a 10-minute running time.
- In the body of your email please introduce yourself; we are always excited about meeting new playwrights! You should also include any previous production history for plays submitted. You may include a bio or resume if you like, but they are not required.
- Deadline for submissions is Dec 1, 2013. Submissions will receive a reply no later than January 10, 2014.
- Keep in mind we are a small theater taking the risk to produce new works, and we may not be able accommodate very large casts or long lists of tech requirements.
- Plays submitted should be sent as attachments; MS Word is preferable (More compatible with e-readers) but PDFs are also accepted.