TPSOnline.org Message Boards
February 20, 2017, 12:59:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Member? Are your events listed on http://seattleperforms.com? List them now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote Rik Deskin 2013!  (Read 1541 times)
Rik Deskin
Diva

Fury! Ecstasy! Revolution!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »

I'm running for re-election to the position of Vice-President, Actors/Performers and Convention Delegate on the SAG-AFTRA Seattle Local Board of Directors.

Hello my fellow SAG-AFTRA Members that reside within the Seattle Local (Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho). Ballots are being sent out and are due back in by August 12, I believe. Every vote will count in this election. I'm running for re-election to the office of Vice-President, Actors/Performers and for Convention Delegate. I'm asking for your vote.

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, VOD, Cable, TV are just some of the areas that we as SAG-AFTRA need to continue organizing. In 2013 we have digital cable channels that number in the hundreds. New Media continues to grow and platforms for distribution have accelerated. All while corporations continue to consolidate. I understand this and will continue to work toward organizing this work and protecting the wages and working conditions that we have gained.

Vote Rik Deskin 2013!

I've served on the SAG Council since 2006 and the SAG-AFTRA Board since 2012. Within those years I have served as President, Board Member, Convention Delegate and Vice President most recently. I feel my work is not done with this Board and I look forward to representing the interests of actors and performers in Washington, Alaska, Idaho, and Montana. We have new challenges ahead of us as a merged union and our other major contract, TV/Theatrical to negotiate nationally next Spring. Locally we have organizing work to continue. I'm your man.

Endorsements

Assaf Cohen, SAG-AFTRA National Board, Los Angeles

Scott Rogers, SAG-AFTRA National Board, Hawaii

Marc Baron, SAG-AFTRA NY Board

William Charlton, SAG-AFTRA Los Angeles Board

Jenny O'Hara, SAG-AFTRA National Board, Los Angeles

"I've seen Rik fight for merger and for actors rights for years. Seattle members are very lucky to have such a principled professional watching their backs!"

Scott Rogers
SAG & AFTRA member for over 35 years. National Board Member and National Co-Chair of the Conservatory Committee.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:08:24 AM by Rik Deskin » Logged

Rik Deskin
Actor
SAG-AFTRA, AEA
SAG-AFTRA Seattle Board of Directors
http://www.sagaftra.org/iactor/RikDeskin
http://talent.tpsonline.org/?M=350

Artistic Director
Eclectic Theater
www.eclectictheatercompany.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print