STRAWBERRY THEATRE WORKSHOP
POSITION: MARKETING DIRECTOR
OPEN: Until filled
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time, average 50-60 hours/month
REPORTS TO: Artistic Director
Strawberry Theatre Workshop is a non-profit theatre company in Seattle. Since its debut in 2004, Strawshop has earned critical praise from the Seattle Times, the TPS Gregory Awards, and The Stranger (Genius Award for an Organization in 2007). The company is preparing to be an anchor tenant at 12th Avenue Arts, a new, state-of-the-art theatre venue, to be completed in 2014.
Serving as a key manager in the continued development of audience, the Marketing Director will help develop and implement Strawshop's annual marketing plan which will include but not be limited to: market research, organizational branding/awareness, advertising, publications and promotional materials, website development and maintenance, lobby displays and on-site promotions, community presentations and off-site promotions, and press relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Research, Planning and Project Development * Collect and analyze market data to assist in development of annual marketing plan * Help develop and implement annual marketing plan to promote Strawshop's season performances * Create and successfully maintain annual design and production schedule for all Strawshop publications and promotional materials
Design/Production of Publications and Promotional Materials * Coordinate with writers and graphic designers to create the following publications and promotional materials: annual season brochure, posters/postcards/flyers, print advertisements, event programs * Coordinate printing and distribution of publications and promotional materials * Perform on-going maintenance of Strawshop's website * Create and distribute regular e-mail newsletter to Strawshop's mailing list * Create/collaborate/monitor Strawshop social media exposure (ie Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, YouTube) as well as on-line press/performance listing opportunities
* Generate and distribute press releases in a timely fashion to increase awareness of Strawshop special events and season performances * Coordinate press interviews with artists, including facilitating artist travel and transport when necessary.
* Develop partnerships with local and regional businesses for trade and cross-promotion
* Manage on-site box office operations
* Supervise and train Box Office Manager and staff for day-of-show sales at venue * Process box office reports and bank deposits * NOTE: Marketing Director may serve as Box Office Manager for additional compensation
Number of hours will vary each week dependent upon event schedule. Strawshop currently produces three mainstage plays and two one-night events each season. Availability must conform to the marketing and production calendar.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Familiarity with Strawberry Theatre Workshop, and its place in the Seattle arts community * Knowledge of and passion for promoting the performing arts * Ability to develop and implement new and creative ideas * Excellent project management skills * Very strong writing and communication skills * Attention to detail * Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPANY:www.strawshop.orgwww.facebook.com/strawshop
Strawshop is an EOE and encourages women and persons of color to apply. Send cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com
Please note Marketing Director in the subject line of the email.