The Field-Seattle is pleased to offer Seattle-area actors a six-week opportunity to hone their audition skills!
For more than twenty years, The Field has been a forum for artists of all stripes—from dancers to playwrights to photographers to solo artists—to present their work at all stages of development and receive feedback.
The Fieldwork “reflective feedback” process respects the artist's primary role as creative decision-maker and leaves it to him/her to decide whether and how to make use of the feedback. We're excited to learn how this work might benefit actors in developing audition material and honing their audition craft.
The Field is not a class. It is a group of artists, co-facilitated by peer-participants. We do not suggest material, coach performance, offer corrections, or give advice on how to get cast. Instead, we provide participants an ongoing opportunity to receive peer-level feedback regarding how their audition might be perceived by potential auditors—always allowing the actor to make the adjustments as he or she sees fit.
Participants can bring new material to each session, or continue refining the same piece throughout the six-week session.
• When: Thursdays, July 12 to Aug 16, 7-9:30pm
• Where: Studio Current on Capitol Hill in Seattle, Address: 1417 10th Ave (between Union & Pike, down the hall behind the Sweatbox Yoga Studio)
• Who: Actors of all levels who are interested in receiving feedback on their audition material
• Cost: $60 or $50 for Field Members (anyone who has participated in a Field Session in the past). Payable online or at the second session.
• Size: Maximum 10 participants
• Bring: Your audition material. We suspect that this process will work best if you come with work that is not completely new to you, at the very least memorized and ready to explore. Plus pen and paper so you can take notes.
• Register: Enroll or pay online at http://thefieldseattle.org/program-offerings/
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. Further questions welcomed!
About the Facilitators
Karen Kinch is a director, playwright, producer and sometime actor. She is Founder and Artistic Director of DramaQueen, a Seattle-area theatre organization dedicated to promoting women playwrights and their work.
Rebecca Goldberg is an actor, playwright, and director, giving her insight on the casting process from several angles. Last year she co-founded of Blank Stage Theater and directed the company's inaugural production of Proof, and has recently focused on directing works in development. She has developed work as a playwright and solo artist at The Field and loves it best for maintaining her autonomy as an individual artist while working in a community of other artists.