Hi, TPS members, collaborators, actors, singers, dancers, costume designers, playwrights, scenic artists, and other phenomenal theatremakers!
Some of you participated in last year's Theatrepoems festival, the one-day-creation, one-night-performance madness of microtheatre collaboration that Nebunele produced last year. In a similar-but-not-at-all-the-same vein, it's time for Theatrepoems 2: Poetry in the Rain, and we need your help!
More details about the production below. If you want to play, but hate reading long emails, here's the link to sign up for consideration by the 10 directors: http://tinyurl.com/pitr12
We'd love to have you!
* Theatrepoems 2012 will consist of 10 short pieces with different directors (you might sign up to be involved in just one, or in several).
* Each short piece has just a few rehearsals and a single performance, to be performed independently from the other pieces.
* All performances take place during the months of August and September, at various locations throughout Seattle.
* Each piece is based on a personal story, which we gathered from as many people as we could reach via this survey: http://tinyurl.com/theatrepoems12
. The aim was to dig up stories of personal epiphany, and we got some beautiful tales, from finding strength in a dead grandfather's advice to finding a new career path via an ancient page of Beowulf.
* Each piece will be performed for a very intimate audience, consisting of the person who gave us the story and 0-15 others (determined by the director of each piece.) The point is to give a very directed gift to a very specific person; we will tell them, and only a few others, their own story back to them. We expect this to be a potent theatrical experience for all involved.
If you're intrigued by the concept, please fill out the questions via this link: http://tinyurl.com/pitr12
and send us your resume. We will send your applications to the directors who have need of your particular skills (whether you are applying as a playwright or an actor or a costumer or etc.) and they will contact you directly if they'd like to audition you or interview you for your participation. Our all-star lineup of directors this year includes Allegra Searle-LeBel, Armitage Shanks, Brendan Healy, Claytie Mason, Ian Stone, Juliet Waller Pruzan, Lena Eivy, Randy Dixon, Scotto Moore, and Valerie Mosely.
We have not provided specific details of each piece on this call for artists, because some of you are among those who submitted stories that were chosen to become pieces, and I don't want to you get any inkling of what you're going to see. Once a director contacts you, you'll be able to find out much more about the piece (including content and critical details like specific dates) before you commit.
If you have more questions, contact us at email@example.com
, and we'll do our best to answer them!
Thanks so much for your interest in this hyper-intimate microtheatre experiment. You are all fantastic artists and I would love the chance to work with you on this. I hope you're all having fabulous springs! Once again, the link to apply to work on Theatrepoems 2012 is here: http://tinyurl.com/pitr12