Employment Opportunity at Youth Theatre NorthwestJob Opening
: RegistrarClosing Date
: June 1, 2012
Youth Theatre Northwest seeks a highly motivated, detail oriented, collaborative, friendly, creative and playful individual to join its small but highly productive operations team. Youth Theatre provides educational learning, critical mentoring and live theatre experiences to approximately 2,000 youth annually. Our creative, collaborative and community-based work culture is seeking a new Registrar to serve as the primary intermediary for our participating families, children and general community.
Please read below thoroughly.
To apply, please send or email a cover letter and resume to:
Executive Director, Youth Theatre Northwest
PO Box 296, Mercer Island, WA 98040, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please no phone calls or inquiries!SUMMARY
Position serves as the “jack of all trades,” operating as initial contact for all initial questions and interactions with parents, kids and educators; answering incoming phone and fielding theatre-related questions – and directing calls to the proper department; registering and signing children up for various quarterly classes, auditions and workshops; properly coding monies and information into programs and databases; and managing the Youth Theatre Box Office.RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
Under the general parameters set up by the Executive Director, the Registrar has the responsibility and authority to:
1. Registering kids for classes, camps, productions, auditions and private coaching sessions.
2. Assisting with tracking YTN’s education programs. This includes use of Microsoft Excel, ability to use and track in a Microsoft Access database, and use of QuickBooks Pro Edition.
3. Managing Accounts Receivable by processing payments via Quickbooks and keeping in communication with parents and vendors.
4. Handling phone and Internet box office ticket sales and booking sales in the WinTix ticketing system.
5. Managing the Main Stage and Studio Stage box offices, including training volunteers, running box office during performances and maintaining box office schedule.
6. Maintaining donor database and tax receipt letters.
7. Maintaining parent volunteer database.
8. Communicating with vendors, educators, and the Mercer Island School District Maintenance and Transportation staff.
9. Reviewing drafts and descriptions, and assist with producing and distributing of quarterly brochures and materials to obtain students for classes and programs.
10. Working with the Executive Director and other staff on gathering necessary information for reports to the Board, committees and the public.
11. Work with Executive Director, the Board, and any parent groups – gaining feedback on success and failure of past and existing classes and programs, and working to reach consensus on future education offerings.
12. Maintain open communications with parents served.
13. Report to the Board of Directors, as required.
14. Steward the mission of YTN to the community. Other Job Functions
1. Monitoring classes (ages 3-18) if a teacher is late.
2. Representing Youth Theatre Northwest at camp fairs and informational events.EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Experience in administration, office management, and/or finance. Work at a non-profit arts organization is desired by not required.
2. Experience in administration will be considered.SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Ability to plan, organize and implement projects in a timely manner.
3. Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
4. Ability to effectively present information to individuals and/or groups.
5. A high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with YTN staff, clients and promoters.
6. Excellent conceptual and problem solving skills.
7. Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
8. Proficient PC skills and the ability to learn new software.
9. Good sense of humor, flexibility and perspective.
1. Forty hours per week, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects. Some nights and weekends are required.
2. When in the office, combined sitting, standing, and moving throughout the workday to accomplish tasks.
3. Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of YTN. RELATIONSHIPS
In performing the above responsibilities, the Education & Outreach Director maintains the following relationships:
1. Executive Director
Serves as initial assistant and is accountable to the Executive Director for interpreting and fulfilling the above responsibilities and any others that may be assigned.
2. Internal and External Relationships
In order to ensure effective working relationships within the organization, it is the responsibility of each individual to provide prompt, courteous, accurate and professional service to all YTN departments, clients, and promoters. Further maintain effective
communications with all YTN personnel to ensure cooperation and exchange of information to accomplish the goals set by the company.
This is a Benefited Position/Permanent/Full time. Compensation: $25,000 - $28,000.