Social Media Marketing For Theatres
A 6 week class in Authentic Arts Marketing on a Budget
6 Wednesdays: March 30th –May 5th 10:00-11:30am Pacific Time, USAStop wasting money on theatre marketing that doesn’t work, and time on a social media plan that is inadequate.
Delivered by teleconference and webinar
Cost $157 if you register before March 25th, Group Size limited to 8.
You can grow your theatre audience through Social Media- if you know how to do it right!
Join us for a step-by-step guide to using social media tools like Facebook, Meetup, YouTube blogs, newsletters and more to get people actively engaged in attending your performances and helping you to grow your organization. Unlike most social media workshops- this one is exclusively for THEATRE and will address the unique needs challenges and opportunities when marketing live performing arts on-line.We will cover:
• How to prepare your website for your social media campaign and why, if your site is not ready, your social media campaigns might not work.
• How social media differs from traditional marketing and why it’s growing so fast
• 5 golden rules for effective social media communication
• The most effective ways to use social media to increase participation and tools that will save you time and effort
• 5 key social media tools and where they are best used – including Facebook, Meetup, YouTube, Groupon and blogs
• The 3 key mistakes most Theatres make that dilute or nullify their social media efforts and how to avoid them.
• Ways to get ahead of the social media curve so that during the busy times in your marketing season (which are also the busy times in your production schedule) your organization doesn’t “drop the ball.”
• The hidden social media tool that is uniquely suited for theatres but that few people talk about when they talk about “social media marketing.”
• Case studies of best practice from small, mid-sized and larger regional theatres that have all used Social Media to increase audience participation and reduce marketing costs.Who Can Benefit From This Workshop:
This online workshop is aimed at organizations that are just starting out using social media for promoting activity, or who have attempted to use social media and found themselves stagnating or getting less return on their time investment than they had hoped. Your organization might have a Facebook page, or Twitter profile, or be experimenting with Groupon and Meetup but be wondering what to do with it and if what you are doing is actually driving audiences to your venue or just wasting your time. Or you might not have anything set up at all. Either way we can help you refine your process, gain confidence and track your results.
Because this is not a two hour “lecture and leave” workshop, but an ongoing in-depth class you will be able to apply your learning in a variety of ways and from a variety of viewpoints. As a result, marketing managers, artistic directors, managing directors and interns and volunteers can all benefit from this workshop and contribute to their organization afterwards while maintaining their unique roles and perspectives.Instructor:
This workshop is presented by Mari Geasair and the staff of Arts Marketing Results. Mari, Executive Director of Arts Marketing Results, is passionately dedicated to helping arts organizations thrive so that there will be “no more starving artists, or arts organizations.” She has been a marketing coach and consultant since the year 2000, and has been focusing on arts organizations since 2004. Mari helped over 400 different arts organizations and entrepreneurs to thrive while pursuing their missions. Mari has dedicated her career to finding and developing marketing techniques that are low cost, highly effective, and well-matched to creative individuals and arts organizations. Visit www.artsmarketingresults.com
for further information.Details:
• This course is delivered by Teleconference- with web based support.
• Dates: We will meet for six sessions, starting Wednesday March 30th and ending May5nd, 2011
• Time: Class is from 10:00-11:30am Pacific Time, USA,
• Where: We meet by telephone, you will be given a number to call when you sign up- as well as a web address where you can go to view live links and visual examples.
• Cost: $157, if you register before March 25th.
• Requirements: all you need to access this teleconference and webinar is a computer with internet and a phone. Satisfaction guarantee:
We’re so sure you’re going to get useable information that makes an impact for your organization through this webinar that we’re offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied then just let us know and we’ll try and fix the problems immediately. If we can’t fix the problems to your satisfaction then we’ll give you a full refund.Benefits of online workshops:
• No travel time
• No travel costs
• Learn from anywhere. All you need is a laptop and a phone. You can take this seminar minutes before attending a rehearsal, or seconds after finishing a work meeting.
• Get the most cost effective training. None of your tuition dollars will be directed towards conference room rentals and bad coffee, keeping the cost low and the value high.