That's right friends, THE PARTY/Fundraiser of the year (heck, the decade - it's almost over, right?) is coming up in just FOUR Days!
You know what that means - it means after Sunday I'll quit pestering you about the darned fundraiser!
But until then, we've got a couple of super-special additions to the line-up, which, if they don't convince you not to miss this stellar event, well, then I don't know what will!
So, in addition to the food, the booze, and the entertainment I've mentioned previously, namely:
- Music by "Awesome" (their last gig of 2010 - somebody or other is having a baby, and you know what a time-suck those are!)
- More music by Jose Bold - with a preview of their upcoming show "Mountain" performing at ACT on December 2nd & 3rd!
- Seductive, kick-ass punk rock tribal dance by Hands of Kali!
- Crazy, true-life tales of birthday disaster as performed by the felt-and-wire troupe of Puppet This!
- Something - probably involving candy - from Annex's resident performance art dynamic-duo Gude-Laurance!
Here's what else I've got in store for you:
- Five - count 'em, FIVE! - of the most luscious ladies to ever jam the flat tracks, direct from the "Rat City" (hint-hint!) in their first public burlesque performance!
- And, remember that potential super-secret special appearance by a bona fide
"Seattle Rock Star" I mentioned in my last post? Well, he is CONFIRMED! And although I'm sworn to absolute secrecy, I CAN tell you his name rhymes with *COUGH!*John Belson*COUGH!*! And if his mere presence weren't enough to get you through the door, I hear tell he may be doing a short solo set AS WELL as joining in on a few numbers with the band!
ZOMG! And as if all that weren't worth ten times more than the $15 ticket price (still only $12 if you purchase online through Brown Paper Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/131287
), NOW I hear tell of a silent auction just chock-full of goodies secured by those lovely people whom we like to call, "the Annex Theatre Board of Directors"!
Whew! And all this to benefit Seattle's oldest producing fringe theatre, now completing it's 23rd Season! Plus, every penny you spend: online, at the door, at the bar, in the G-strings, the donation bucket, my pockets, whatever - goes straight to the theatre! How can you resist? You CAN'T! Resistance is FUTILE!
So, come on down to Annex Theatre on the corner of 11th Ave. & East Pike St., this Sunday, November 14th (doors open at 5:00 p.m., entertainment starts at 6:00) for the most amazing, spectacular, fundraisingest party of the year! Don't miss it!