SSR Managing Director Posting
About SecondStory Repertory (SSR):
SSR has produced a full, year-round eclectic season of musicals, comedies, dramas, and children's theater since 1999, all in its intimate, 121-seat theater upstairs in Redmond Town Center. It is unique on the Eastside for its location, intimacy, and its dedicated troupe of professional actors, directors and designers. More than 150 productions have been presented at SecondStory to date.
Job Summary: Coordinates day-to-day and overall company operations, including financial management, fundraising, ticket sales, community relations, office and volunteer management. Works closely with the Artistic Director to maintain and further the vision and mission of the theatre. Company is currently undergoing a restructure and the duties/jobs may change based on individual qualifications.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Manage company office
• Answer phones and respond to voice mail, monitor and respond to email, pick up and send snail mail, and manage walk-in traffic needs.
• Insure that general office duties are done in a timely manner (e.g. copying, mailings, filing, cleaning, etc).
• Compile and furnish show information to graphic designers for program and poster design.
• Schedule and train volunteers to perform daily operations.
• Maintain company memberships in TPS, EAC, and other organizations.
2. Fundraising/Development/Financial Management
• Work with the Board & Artistic Director to create a manageable budget for each production and season.
• Manage & Maintain Board approved budget with Artistic Director.
• Oversee bookkeeping and manage accounts payable to staff, vendors and artists, as well as invoicing and managing accounts receivable.
• Create clear financial reports to be presented to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis.
• Work with the board and volunteers to identify new donors and sponsors.
• Develop, plan, and execute fundraising campaigns, special events, and other fundraising activities.
• Track, cultivate, renew, and upgrade current and prospective major donors and sponsors through diversified strategies of written correspondence, phone calls, personal visits, and donor events.
• Maintain donor database.
• Identify grants, submit applications, and conduct necessary follow-up and reporting.
• Serve as staff liaison to the Fundraising Committee.
• Work with the board to establish annual and long-term fundraising goals.
3. Outreach and Community Relations
• Work with the board and Artistic Director to create a cohesive marketing plan and budget.
• Work with the board & Artistic Director to engage in outreach opportunities, including speaking engagements, written publicity submissions, promotional needs, media work, etc.
• Work with the Artistic Director and Marketing Committee to publicize the work of SSR as needed in various venues throughout the community
• Serve as staff liaison to the Marketing Committee.
4. Ticket Sales
• Work with the board to create ticket sale goals.
• Organize and schedule box office staff.
• Identify opportunities for group sales (e.g. churches, community centers, schools, employers, etc.).
5. Volunteer Management
• Volunteer database maintenance
• Oversee the training and scheduling of volunteer staff with the Box Office Manager.
• Plan volunteer recognition efforts with the Artistic Director and Box Office Manager.
• Maintain reporting on volunteer statistics including hours worked, positions held, etc.
6. Education Programming
• Coordinate with Education Director regarding marketing, budgeting, class recommendations, collection of income, and reporting to the board.
• Schedule and book school shows, including sending confirmation letters and teacher worksheets & collecting funds for Purchase Orders
• Previous non-profit experience, especially management level, desired.
• Experience with fundraising/development, or related work experience.
• Experience with Quickbooks or comparable financial software a plus.
• Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and other basic programs.
• Basic IT and graphic arts skills.
• Experience performing general office duties such as answering phones, copying, responding to email, performing mailings, etc.
• Experience organizing and managing in an office setting.
• Experience with donor databases and web management tools a plus.
• Grant writing experience a plus, but not required.
Hours: Part-time, flexible hours with some hours worked during normal business hours. Some evening and weekend work required, especially during production periods.
Salary & Benefits: Based on qualifications
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references by May 1st to:
SSR Managing Director Search
16587 NE 74th St
Redmond, WA 98052