Job Title: Middle School / Upper School Theatre Teacher
The Northwest School is a college-preparatory, co-educational independent school near the heart of downtown Seattle. We offer a rich and challenging program to 460 students in grades 6 through 12, including 86 international students. The Northwest School is committed to a diverse workplace and actively encourages applicants with a commitment to issues of diversity and social justice.
The School seeks an experienced and versatile teacher/director for Upper School and Middle School theatre classes. This is a part-time position which includes the following courses: Upper School Advanced Improvisation, Play Production, and Advanced Acting; and Middle School Play Production and One Acts. This part-time position, .76 FTE (or 76 %), is available for the 2008-2009 school year. Arts classes meet Monday through Thursday; other time is spent in preparation and being available to students.
* Bachelors degree, preferably a Masters, in Theatre or a related field
* Practicing theatre artist
* Experience teaching students 11 to 18 years old
* Excellent communication skills for work with colleagues and students
* Ability to develop curriculum for a wide range of learning styles
* Ability to work both independently and in a collegial setting
* Teaching Middle and Upper School theatre classes
* Active participation in both the Theatre department, Middle School and Upper School Faculties
* Assisting various activities in the student life of the school
* Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of School
Candidates should submit a cover letter, a resume, and other supporting information that may aid their candidacy. Final candidates will visit the school and interview with faculty members and administrators. Compensation and benefits are competitive with other Seattle area independent schools.
Please send to:
Jaimie Shaw, Human Resources Manager
The Northwest School
1415 Summit Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
No phone calls please
The Northwest School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.