Events and Venue Manager
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Status: Full-Time Exempt Position
Revised: May 2007
Purpose of Position
To plan, oversee and implement ACT's internal and external events and third party productions.
In collaboration with Audience Services, Development, Marketing, Facilities, Artistic, Production and Administrative staff, plan and manage external and internal events including Meet and Greet, Tech Dinner, Opening Night Cast Parties, Board functions, etc.
* Work with clients and their vendors to determine all logistical and technical needs for the specified event.
o Assist third parties in securing associated needs (i.e. caterer information, parking, furniture, flowers, party rentals, loading dock access).
* Generate budget estimates and invoices.
* Determine staff, equipment, technical requirements and space availability.
* Create load-in and strike schedules for Production and Front of House personnel and equipment involved.
* Ensure all technical, production, staffing and additional needs are in place.
* Ensure the security, access and safety of the building during events.
* Plan and distribute event summary sheets detailing set-up times and delivery schedules.
* On site supervision of all events including set-up and break down.
* Assist in the physical set up of events as necessary to ensure proper preparation and presentation.
o Inventory and maintain all physical resources: tables, chairs, easels, etc.
o Track and schedule movement of physical resources.
o Supervise personnel.
* Track event costs and submit reports to Development and Finance for billing purposes.
* With Marketing and Development, create facilities marketing materials and/or website for clients.
* Attend weekly interdepartmental meeting to ensure good communication of event needs
Schedule and supervise physical layout of public spaces with Operations Manager and Audience Services Director.
* Maintain and update ACT's Big Picture by coordinating meeting, audition, and event spaces.
Supervise and schedule changes in lobby displays, in coordination with senior staff.
Develop basic understanding of Tessitura database.
Minimum Skills and Requirements
* 5 years experience in theatre, events, operations or related field.
* Excellent collaborator and team member.
* Strong organization, communications and technical skills.
* Demonstrated ability to complete multiple projects on varying timelines.
* Flexibility to support theatre events and schedules, including some evenings and weekends.
* Ability to lift, push or maneuver up to 70 lbs repeatedly, either alone or with assistance from others.
* BA in Theatre management or related field preferred.
Computer Skills Utilized
Word, Excel, Tessitura, Internet, email
Salary & Benefits:
ACT Theatre offers a competitive compensation package including health benefits, a TIAA-CREF 403(b) retirement plan, as well as vacation and sick leave.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in all facets of its programming and organization.
Interested candidates should send a resume, salary history, a minimum of three references and a cover letter describing interest, relevant qualifications and experience.
Please forward applications (WORD or PDF Format) via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please note “ACT Events and Venue Manager” and your last name in the subject line.
You may also submit application packets via post to:
ACT Events and Venue Manager
A Contemporary Theatre
700 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Attn: Events and Venue Manager
The deadline for submitting applications is July 27, 2007.