TPSOnline.org Message Boards
February 27, 2017, 05:38:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Member? Are your events listed on http://seattleperforms.com? List them now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekly - Played out  (Read 54541 times)
Karen Lane
Administrator
Diva

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2007, 02:29:54 PM »

Like this one: "folks who they potentially may loose as readers."   Now I could make the argument that 'loose' is intentional, but I suspect this poster meant 'lose.'  Karma points to the person who 'fesses up to this one!

Ah, that would be mine Keith but you had to know that already! :-) Worse yet, I do edit and I missed it!
Karen

Karen J Zeller Lane
Theatre Puget Sound
Louise Penberthy
Diva

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2007, 04:10:56 PM »

Louise, I do know you.  You'll have to get in line, though...there's a lot of people who would like to see my back with stripes, in the bathroom or with tickets or wherever.

Especially now that I have revealed my secret identity.

A big audience!! Even better.

Wink

NULL
Keith Dahlgren
Star

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »

I doubt that anyone will read this, which is a shame.  I have to say, there was a time when the TPS message boards rocked with some great discussions, like this one.  And some six years later, despite a market crash and a regime change, much of the problems are the same.

But one thing I have to say:  The smaller to mid-sized theaters sure came through the recession in better shape than the bigs.  Perhaps it was the smaller theaters' endowments which were in better shape...oh, wait, they never had one!  They actually had to pay their bills with the money they brought in!

Maybe I'll start posting inflammatory statements on the message boards again.  But only if Rik and Chris and Tanja are limited to one post per page.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Shane Regan!
Administrator
Lead

?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »

My karma is still -240 from The Great NWSource Awards War..

Shane Regan
TPS Profile: http://talent.tpsonline.org/?U=ermac
Karen Lane
Administrator
Diva

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »

Keith - thanks for the trip down memory lane! This sucked me back in to reading the ENTIRE thread. I noted to Shane that even with the takeover of social media - a conversation like this does NOT happen anywhere else. So many great points and counterpoints in this thread alone!
Karen

Karen J Zeller Lane
Theatre Puget Sound
Keith Dahlgren
Star

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »

Yes, some of this discussion was pretty exciting, and Facebook is not the same. I read the whole thread as well, and then read a few others (boy, I can have a big mouth when I get rolling...). I wonder if we could lure people people back by posting something on Facebook that there's a great new discussion topic, or even mention on FB that there are some great archived discussions that are still relevant...like this one.

I was amused to read Rik's comments about all that the AEA liaison committee was planning on doing during the local AEA dignitary visit five years ago.  Wonder what ever became of that...certainly nothing has changed.  The Seattle Midsized Theater Alliance was certainly shot down by AEA in a big ol' hurry.  Sort of defeats Chris Comte's comments on how the producers had to be the ones who approach AEA and present what they want.  What good does it do when they won't listen? 

I still think the only way to change would be to get the members to actually, uh, organize.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: