TPSOnline.org Message Boards
November 19, 2017, 12:18:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Member? Are your events listed on http://seattleperforms.com? List them now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talent Agencies  (Read 3977 times)
Krista Marken
Apprentice

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2005, 01:49:56 PM »

So I just recently moved back to Seattle after living in LA for the past 2 years and have been auditioning with talent agencies but need some feedback as to things you've heard about which are the best ones for the area - get the most people out on auditions and don't have a ton of actors they represent,etc.
Any word about ABC Talent in Bellevue? Reputable?
Big Fish NW?
The Kim Brooke Group?

PLEASE!! Tell me whatever feedback you've heard...thanks!

NULL
adifiore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 03:21:35 PM »

Hey-
I know Topo Swope and Dramatic Artists are very good and reputable, also union. I am with Big Fish right now and he's sent me out on two auditions, I've been with him for about a month and 1/2. I'm in school right now so that's good for me, but depending on how often you want to be sent out, that's up to you.  But yeah, Colleen Bell is also union.
But I've heard very good things about Topo and Dramatic Artists.

Hope that helps-

Angela
Rik Deskin
Diva

Fury! Ecstasy! Revolution!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

I can vouch for TCM Models & Talent as I have been repped by them since 1999, and they consistently send me out on auditions weekly. I have booked some work through them as well and now have my SAG card thanks to them. Smiley

Rik Deskin
Actor
SAG-AFTRA, AEA
SAG-AFTRA Seattle Board of Directors
http://www.sagaftra.org/iactor/RikDeskin
http://talent.tpsonline.org/?M=350

Artistic Director
Eclectic Theater
www.eclectictheatercompany.org
Ellen Dessler
Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 11:07:49 PM »

Welcome back Krista! Cool

NULL
Dom Zook
Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 09:40:31 AM »

I think the top agencies are The Actors Group, Topo, Dramatic Artists, Colleen Bell, The Ward Agency, TCM and Big Fish NW. NFI Models and talent is pretty good too. I'd steer very clear of Kim Brooke and anything else with just numbers or the alphabet in sequential order in their name. When I've gone on calls, the above names are the ones I see actors coming from the most. I know some of the larger agencies are fairly shut right now to new clients, but it can never hurt to invite them to a show or send them your resume and headshot. I know The Actors Group is primarily all SAG/AFTRA in it's client base. Meaning you'll probably need to be in the unions to be repped there. Topo, Dramatic Artists and I believe Colleen Bell are all union-franchised - which is a good indication of their focus and business practices.

I'd look into Dramatic Artists, Colleen Bell and TCM for a smaller client base where you might be able to fit in. Break a leg!

NULL
Dave Elvin
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 12:38:04 PM »

It's been educational reading everyone's replies. I've been with Dramatic Artists for 5 years and would definitely recommend talking to Nancy Fox there. She's super nice and very professional. But, as someone else pointed out, DAA, like Topo and AG, are well stocked with most demographics. I was fortunate to slide into their roster as a VO right after E.T. Bliss went... uh ... south.

I agree with most of the others here: Topo, AG, DAA.

Maybe someone else can add some info to this: Actors Group only managing people now, as opposed to representing them as an agent? From the same source I heard that they've pretty well shut their doors to new talent. Anyone know more about this?

Pants
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: