TPSOnline.org Message Boards
September 22, 2017, 02:23:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Member? Are your events listed on http://seattleperforms.com? List them now!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming Voice-over Class for Beginners: informal poll  (Read 4224 times)
Dave Elvin
Apprentice

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2005, 12:26:11 PM »

Greetings all --

I'm putting on a class at Discover U soon and wanted to get feedback from those interested in VO. There are a number of general questions that folks normally ask like, "How do I get a demo?", "How do I get my demo 'out there'?", "What sorts of voices/styles/accents are needed?" and "How soon before I start making $500 an hour?". I plan to address all of those questions, but wanted to know what you, the up-and-coming voice-over god/goddess, want to know. And that, coincidentally, is my question to you:

What do you want to know about voice-over?

The class will be 2-3 hours and will include info on marketing, applications, practice and who's who in town for classes and demo production.

Many thanks!
Dave

Pants
Justin Baird
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 04:50:52 PM »

hmm.. my queries.. well, the ones you stated are among my questions, so that's a good start...

I've been pushed to voice over work for twenty years and only recently begun to think, "wow, why am I not marketing myself that way,", yet, it feels a bit foreign to my other work (marketing-wise).

So, when is your D.U. class and what's the range of the class, cappy?

NULL
Ellen Dessler
Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 05:42:32 PM »

Yeah. And how much? For those of us not making $500 an hour yet.  Wink

NULL
Dave Elvin
Apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 08:54:31 PM »

Hey Justin and Ellen --

Thanks for your interest. The date's not set yet; I have to find out when DU has openings. I'm going to shoot for the beginning of May. The cost will be $50. With that will come all the info mentioned above plus handouts and a CD of others' demos. I'll post it in the 'Classes and Workshops' forum when I know the firm dates.

Dave

Pants
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: