Box Office Supervisor
Department: Cornish Playhouse
Reports To: Playhouse Manager
Supervises: Box Office Representatives & Work-Study Students
Pay Grade: Non-Exempt, Part-Time not to exceed 450 hours during the 2016-17 academic year between September 6th – May 13th 2017
Purpose: The Box Office Supervisor administers all aspects of event ticketing in addition to providing Work-Study students with practical front-of-house operational experience and ultimately fundraising for Cornish student scholarships and Advancement while delivering exceptional customer service to all internal and external patrons.
1. Inputting and managing all Cornish College of the Arts Brown Paper Tickets events
2. Inputting and managing tablet-based Square cash register for all ticketed events
3. Coordinating with the academic and administrative departments to ensure accuracy of all ticketed event information and optimal ticket sales
4. Working with the President, Provost, Admissions, and other offices to ensure all event comps are set up and managed
5. Staffing the Box Office for all ticketed Cornish events
6. Staffing and supervising secondary Box Office personnel as needed for various Cornish College of the Arts ticketed events
7. Monitoring and responding to voicemails/emails from patrons
8. Maintaining accurate financial records and regularly reporting on ticket sales for all Brown Paper Tickets Cornish College of the Art ticketed events
9. Preparing event deposits and ensuring event proceeds are deposited with Finance
10. Attending Cornish Playhouse staff meetings as requested
11. Ensuring ADA compliance regarding ticketing, seating and access
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Familiarity with Brown Paper Tickets or equivalent ticket vending program
Proven Customer service experience directly serving the public
Demonstrated ability to promptly respond to telephone calls and emails from patrons
Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Experience with PC and Mac and tablets or ipads; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficient in Excel and Google Apps
Proven experience working with box offices or equivalent administrative work
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in written form.
Strong organizational skills; proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from performance venues located on campus and off campus, especially when managing several box offices operating concurrently.
Must pass a criminal background check
Associates of Arts Degree
Experience working in the performing arts and/or higher education
Demonstrated ability to work positively with professional production teams, theater staff and a diverse population of artists
For consideration please submit cover letter, resume, and completed Cornish Employment Application to email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cornish College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer intent on enriching the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Our goal is to create an intercultural learning environment comprised of people with varied experiences and perspectives. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups for all open positions.