Camp ZinZanni Summer Camp Counselor
Camp ZinZanni, a multiple week, five day summer camp presented by Teatro ZinZanni in its antique Belgian spiegeltent will give campers the chance to learn the basics of aerial arts, acrobatics, juggling, magic, and character/scene development through workshops with some of the world's greatest cirque artists. The week culminates in a presentation by the campers for family and friends.
Each Camp Counselor at Camp ZinZanni will be responsible for his or her team of up to eight campers. Counselors will manage their team's behavior and maintain camp rules. During workshops, counselors will serve as an extension of the performance and technical teachers, carrying the lesson through to the children in their team and keeping them engaged. Counselors will work with performance teachers to create scenes, focusing on the needs and talent of their teams and help each camper realize their potential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for leading a group of up tp 8 children between the ages of 5 and 17
• Works with the group during the day, carries out the teacher's (performer's) instruction
• Keeps campers engaged and interested, focused and disciplined
• Tidies the common areas at the end of camp and preps them for the evening's show (empties the trash, helps to reset tables and chairs at the end of the day on performance days)
• Supports the Camp teachers and performers as needed
• Participates in all training, preparation and reviews after camps
• Minimum 2 years experience working with children
• Experience with one or more circus skills: juggling, aerial, acrobatics, magic
• Experience teaching skills to children in a positive way
• Excellent public speaking skills
• Exuberant outgoing personality
• Performance or theater experience
• Knowledge or interest in theater operations
• Enjoys working with a diverse group
• Honesty, integrity, a strong work ethic, good follow through and a sense of humor
• Able to commit to all of the dates listed.
Training June 15-17
Camp Session 1 July 6 -- 10, 2015
Camp Session 2 July 13 -- 17, 2015
Camp Session 3 July 20 -- 24, 2015
Camp Session 4 July 27 -- 31, 2015
Camp Session 5 August 10 -- 14, 2015
Camp Session 6 August 17 -- 21, 2015
Camp Session 7 August 24 -- 28, 2015
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls, please.
This is an hourly paid position.
Reports to: Education and Events Manager
Location: Teatro ZinZanni Seattle
Job Class: Temporary/Seasonal