The University of Washington School of Drama currently has an outstanding opportunity for a part-time Computer Support Analyst 2. This individual will support the School’s technology and media needs under the general supervision of the Administrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Technical Support and Expertise:
• Update and maintain various software systems, such as operating systems and security software systems, as well as hardware for a variety of computer environments, including PC and Mac.
• Maintain and troubleshoot all printers and scanners in Hutchinson Hall and two on-campus theatres.
• Install and configure newly acquired workstations and software packages and then train faculty, staff, and students in their usage.
• Write and maintain technical documentation and support manuals for any new equipment or software packages. Also direct users to other support documentation and personnel if needed.
• Join users and workstations to the server.
• Troubleshoot and repair any damaged equipment and coordinate service requests if needed.
• Monitor usage for School’s file storage network.
• Maintain inventory database for all equipment in the School.
• Advise the School’s administrator about computer and equipment usage and make recommendations for improvements, including items to be purchases.
• Maintain all media equipment, including high-end digital video cameras and editing equipment.
• Responsible for training potential users and testing student knowledge of all audio and video equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Maintain and Develop School Websites:
• Work with College of Arts and Sciences web team in designing and developing any updates to the School’s website.
• Maintain and update information on specific pages.
• Work with faculty and staff in building and maintaining additional websites, such as the Center for Performance studies site, using Drupal.
• Troubleshoot and fix any errors as well as maintain security updates for all websites.
Produce, Direct, and Edit Promotional Videos:
• Write up scripts or interview questions for video shoots in conjunction with School’s Constituent Relations Officer (CRO).
• Coordinate with all parties involved with a project and create a shooting schedule as well as securing a location and equipment.
• Set up and break down the equipment as well as film and direct the project.
• Edit the project as well as develop any effects, then work with School’s CRO in making adjustments to create the final product.
• Upload all media to various outlets, including YouTube Channel and website.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our benefits website.
Three years of experience in programming and/or computer support services of a technical nature, or one year of experience as Computer Support Analyst I OR equivalent education/experience.
• Experience with networked PC environments
• Knowledge of Windows and Apple software systems
• Experience with web-based CMS, such as Drupal
• Knowledge of media editing software, such as Final Cut Pro
• Ability to shoot and edit digital media
• Good written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with non-technical clients
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision; considerable initiative required
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Knowledge of audiovisual equipment used in live theatrical productions
• Experience in a university setting
• Experience working with arts organizations
For more information and to apply, go to: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=111750&szCandidateID=0&szSearchWords=&szReturnToSearch=1