University of Puget Sound seeks part-time Theatre Office Coordinator
Coordinate all academic and production office needs for a successful and efficient operation of the Theatre Arts Department. This position works closely with Theatre Arts Chair and Director of Theatre Production.
• OFFICE. Create and maintain an effective office space; arrange for the maintenance or replacement of equipment and supplies; ensure the professional appearance for the departmental offices; inventory office equipment and supplies.
• BUDGET. Play a central role in facilitating the day-to-day administration of the department’s budget, which includes but is not limited to processing credit cards, purchase orders, reimbursements, and ticket revenue coordination.
• SCRIPTS AND RIGHTS. Assist in pre-production work for multi-show season of full length and one act plays: includes the detail-intensive, time-sensitive process of ordering scripts and securing royalty rights from a range of sources that may be difficult to trace.
• LIAISON. Act as department liaison with various campus departments, current and prospective students, faculty, staff, guest artists, guest scholars and the public. Provide information and answer questions about the department.
• SCHOLARSHIPS. Serve as lead facilitator for departmental scholarships (for both incoming and continuing students); create and mail packets, update forms on web and direct students to them; organize audition DVDs received in the mail, chart applicant information, circulate DVDs and folders to faculty, work with Admissions on applicant status, work with Financial Aid, prepare and mail acceptance/rejection letters.
• TICKETING. Assist with ticketing for department productions: print and distribute comp tickets; create ticket gift certificates for donation to non-profits and similar purposes.
• EVALUATIONS. Conduct student evaluations at the end of each semester as required and prepare them for the deans’ and department’s files.
• PRACTICAL AND LOGISTICAL SUPPORT. Provide a range of practical and logistical support to faculty and staff in the fulfillment of the department’s mission: e.g. – process mail; assist with maintenance of the department web page and its listserv; participate in and assist with department meetings; provide support to faculty in new faculty and staff searches; photocopy as required; produce final drafts of correspondence, letters of agreement, reports, or other material of a confidential or technical nature; proof materials for accuracy and appearances; maintain, as necessary, a master theatre space usage calendar; maintain a production history file and support in other ways the department’s archive; prepare and maintain, as required, departmental notices, schedules, directories, and other documents requiring compilation of data from faculty, staff, and students; inform students of faculty illnesses with a posting on the appropriate classroom door.
• SUPERVISION: Interview and select student office staff members. Provide supervision and training for student staff members. Review and evaluate their work performance.
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• Excellent computer skills including typing and familiarity of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel;
• Self-directed worker capable of moving between a range of tasks in a given day.
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package.
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information, visit:http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/
Apply: Applications for this position are accepted through the online system only. Please visit our Employment Opportunities page at www.pugetsound.edu/employment
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than July 11, 2014 to ensure consideration.
You will be prompted to upload all required documents within the application. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
• Letter of Interest
• Three (3) professional references
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
Commitment to Diversity: Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. Please view the University Diversity Statement.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.