Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Prefered method of submission: Arrive for audition
Sallal Grange and Community Hall
12912 432nd Ave SE
North Bend, WA 98045
NOTE: Auditions are being held at a different location (Sallal Grange) than the theatre (Valley Center Stage).
Simply show up to audition.
"A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, adapted for the stage by Brenden and Wynter Elwood, directed by Tony Leininger.
"A Christmas Carol", is returning for its twelfth run, presenting The Elwood’s adaptation for the third year. "A Christmas Carol" is a heartwarming and timeless story of joyful redemption. Ebenezer Scrooge, who we meet at the height of his wealth and success, has turned into a bitter, lonely, old miser. His only companion, apart from his tired and meek servant, Bob Cratchit, is his cold dark spirit; that is, until the spirit world, led by his former business partner, Marley, forces him to see who he was before his success, who he has since become and who he could be.
Tony Leininger (director) studied theatre at Hanover College and has worked professionally as an actor, director and theatre arts educator.
* Rehearsals begin Monday, October 21st with the first read-through.
* Rehearsals will be held in the evenings and on weekends. Rehearsals will take place at Valley Center Stage in North Bend,
14 performances, November 29th through December 21st, 2019
* Fri, Nov 29, 7:30 pm
* Sat, Nov 30, 7:30 pm
* Sun, Dec 1, 2:00 pm
* Thur, Dec 5, 7:30 pm
* Fri, Dec 6, 7:30 pm
* Sat, Dec 7, 7:30 pm
* Sun, Dec 8, 2:00 pm
* Thur, Dec 12, 7:30 pm
* Fri, Dec 13, 7:30 pm
* Sat, Dec 14, 7:30 pm
* Sun, Dec 15, 2:00 pm
* Thur, Dec 19, 7:30 pm
* Fri, Dec 20, 7:30 pm
* Sat, Dec 21, 7:30 pm
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
Open call – all roles available except for Scrooge. All ethnicities, genders, ages and skill levels are welcome to audition!
* Scrooge: Role has been cast.
* Bob Cratchit (25-40): Scrooge's loyal, though misused, employee. (No doubling.)
* Ensemble: At least 20 additional actors are needed, including kids and adults, ages 7 and up. Most actors will each play a variety of roles. Some key roles include the following:
-- Tiny Tim (5-9): Bob's youngest child
-- Mrs. Cratchit (25-40): Bob's wife
-- The Spirits of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come (various ages)
-- Fred (20-30): Scrooge's nephew
-- Fezziwig (20-30): A figure from Scrooge's past
-- Peter Cratchit (mid-teens): Bob's son
-- Ignorance & Want: (preteens)
-- Martha Cratchit (mid-teens): Bob's daughter
-- Fan (pre-teen): Scrooge's little sister
-- Teen Scrooge (mid-teens)
-- Young Adult Scrooge (20-30)
-- Belle (20-30): betrothed to young Scrooge
-- Old Joe (30+): A businessman
Group Youth Auditions for kids ages 5-15, 1 pm – 2 pm, Saturday, September 28. Adult open call auditions: from 2 – 5 pm on Saturday, September 28 AND from 7 to 9 pm on Sunday, September 29.
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
By appointment only
* Group Youth Auditions: Please arrive prepared to move and to play a few games and to learn and repeat a few simple lines from the play. Parents/caregivers should plan to attend.
* Adults: Please prepare a single monologue, under 2 minutes in length, or two contrasting pieces less than one minute each.
* Sides: No sides available before the audition.
This theatre stage production is non-union, non-paying for a not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
UPDATED - A Christmas Carol added September 25, 2019, 1:43 pm
|This listing will be deleted on: Saturday, December 21, 2019|