Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
Prefered method of submission: Email
All auditions will be conducted online (Google Hangouts, Skype, etc.)
We need a young actor for a collaboration between the University of Washington and the Dept. of Health on Sunday, August 18, 2019. We're building multimedia interactive training tools that will include re-enactments of home visits with community health workers. Compensation includes a gift card (Costco, Amazon, etc.) and a digital copy of the finished video. Food and beverages provided on location. This is a great opportunity to contribute your talent to a project that has the potential to improve health in Washington State!
Please follow these guidelines when recording your audition:
• Always have your light source behind the camera. For example never stand in front of a window.
• When recording your audition, please look at the reader (who should be right next to the camera) or teleprompter. Don't look directly into the camera lens.
• Have only you on camera.
• If using a smartphone camera make sure you record in landscape position—not portrait.
• Have the camera operator frame you in a full-body shot (waist up) and slate your first and last name, and the role. Please pause a few seconds between slate and the beginning of the audition.
• Have whoever is reading with you read in an appropriate manner... in a low tone so as not to overpower your performance. This is not the reader’s audition. We do not want anything to take attention away from you.
• Unless using a teleprompter, always try your best to memorize the script you are reading. Having the sides there to reference is certainly acceptable, but if you are reading all of the material looking down, we will have trouble seeing your face.
• The setting for the audition should as neutral as possible. Have the actor positioned in front of a wall or other neutral backdrop. We do not want to be distracted by the contents of your house instead of paying attention to your performance.
Please send an online link to the video to email@example.com. Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube, and Microsoft OneDrive all provide free online hosting of video files. If using YouTube you may want to restrict access to the video instead of the default public setting.
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
Omar - 8-9 year old male, Middle Eastern or North African.
August 13 - 16
Submit video online of reading from script. Please record Omar's lines on pages 5-6.
$50 gift card
CHW Video Tutorials—role for child actor added August 13, 2019, 10:14 am
|This listing will be deleted on: Sunday, August 18, 2019|