Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
Prefered method of submission: Email
Village Theatre will be holding open call auditions for high school students for their world premier production of Hansel & Gretl & Heidi & Günter.
- Youth ages 14-19 that will be enrolled in high school in the 19-20 school year are welcome to audition.
- All ethnicities are highly encouraged to attend!
- All youth must be available for rehearsals and performances between February 11th, 2020 – May 17th, 2020. A more detailed calendar resource will be available upon scheduling your audition.
- Youth wanting to audition should have strong musical & storytelling abilities and a good sense of comedic timing.
Gretl – yes, that Gretl – is now a single mom living in modern day Chicago, still suffering from the trauma of her fairytale childhood. Her exceedingly modern kids are fed up with stuffing their pockets full of pebbles, and dream of the impossible: a normal childhood. But when long-lost Uncle Hansel shows up at their doorstep, they are plunged into an unexpected adventure that brings the family together. This smart and bold new musical is a riotous tumble of past and present that will leave you grinning from ear to ear.
Youth Auditions will be held by appointment at Village Theatre, Issaquah on July 21st & July 28th from 10am – 4pm. To request an audition appointment please follow the instructions listed below!
How to reserve an audition spot:
Please email email@example.com with the following information – be sure to include ALL information requested otherwise your request will not be processed.
Primary Adult Contact’s Name, Email Address & Phone Number
Preferred Audition Date & Time
Any questions you might have!
Audition times will be sent out starting on July 15th, please be aware you may not hear anything until then.
Additional Dates to keep in mind:
Callbacks will take place between August 14th -17th.
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
Heidi Meyerhausen: A high school student. Mezzo Soprano. A feisty tween who wants out from under her mother’s long list of crazy rules & traditions… and is willing to take action to make it happen.
Günter Meyerhausen: Heidi’s younger brother. Tenor. A sweet, smart, sensitive, quirky kid who loves doing impressions and has ,until very recently, enjoyed the insular company of his family.
Kevin Chambers: Tenor. Heidi’s classmate and next-door neighbor. An outsider himself, he is observant of others and interested in their lives. A good friend, if anyone would give him a chance.
YOUTH ENSEMBLE: JENNY / BRIGITTA, JULIE / OLGA, BRIAN / KLAUS
Privileged modern-day kids, Brian, Jenny & Julie are products of their time (and not very understanding of differences). Back in 1346, Klaus, Brigitta & Olga are also products of their time, at ease with horrible outcomes and early deaths… and big fans of the legendary Gretl.
July 21st & July 28th from 10am – 4pm
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
August 14th -17th
- Headshot and Resume, this will not be returned to you.
- Please prepare a cut of a musical theatre song no longer than one verse and one chorus. No ballads please! Keep it uptempo and fun!
- Once you are scheduled you will receive a link to four sides from the show. We ask that you pick your favorite and prepare it for the audition as well.
Hansel & Gretl & Heidi & Günter added July 2, 2019, 7:03 pm
|This listing will be deleted on: Sunday, July 28, 2019|