Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
Prefered method of submission: Email
9315 State Ave #J
Marysville, WA 98270
In the fictional northwestern Louisiana parish of Chinquapin sits Truvy's in-home beauty parlour, where the women regularly gather. It covers events over the next three years of five lifelong residents of the parish, Truvy, M'Lynn, Shelby, Ouiser, and Clairee, and the one newcomer, Annelle. The women interact at times with conflict and spite while preparing for Shelby's wedding, but in the end remain friends: Shelby's decision to have a child despite the complication that could result from her condition, Clairee's friendship with the curmudgeon Ouiser; Annelle's transformation from a shy, anxious newcomer in town to a good-time girl then repentant revival-tent Christian; and Truvy's relationships with the men in her family. Although the main storyline involves Shelby, her mother M'Lynn, and Shelby's medical battles, the underlying group-friendship among all six women is prominent throughout the drama.
"Steel Magnolias" was the first play produced by RCF back in 2009, and we're thrilled to be revisiting this show in our 10th season.
We are located in the same shopping center as Goodwill. Our entrance is around back, behind the beauty school.
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
All roles are available. Character descriptions are below (the ages listed reflect the ages of the characters, not the actors). Red Curtain promotes non-traditional casting in all of our productions, including color-conscious and gender-blind casting.
* TRUVY JONES (40+) Owner of Truvy's Hair Salon. Vivacious and dispenses advice with tons of hairspray.
* M'LYNN EATENTON (40s-early 50s) Shelby's mother. Always knows what’s best, strong, stubborn, and good-intentioned.
* SHELBY EATENTON-LATCHERIE (early- to mid-20s) Prettiest girl in town. Loves pink. Strong-willed, passionate.
* ANNELLE DUPUY-DESOTO (mid 20s-early 30s) Newly-hired assistant. Moves from unsure to wild to religious as she tries to "find herself".
* OUISER BOUDREAUX (55+) Wealthy curmudgeon. Tough, Eccentric character.
* CLAIREE BELCHER (55+) Widow of former mayor. Grand dame. Elegant, sophisticated, but her love for life has ebbed.
August 9 & 10
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
on Aug 11, as needed
2-minute seriocomic monologue
There is no pay
Steel Magnolias added June 24, 2019, 11:48 pm
|This listing will be deleted on: Friday, September 20, 2019|