Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Prefered method of submission: Email
Please email a digital headshot and resume to schedule an audition appointment.
A fusion of Dungeons & Dragons, Choose Your Own Adventure books, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and RuPaul’s Drag Race, this is going to be an Adventure into the Unexpected as we join Succulent Botanist Professor Archie McDinklethorn and the Murder-Proof Nun Sister Roberta Sandwich as they delve into the Mysterious Southern Deserts discovering secrets, monsters, and So. Much. Sand.
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
We are looking for actors who can play dramatically different characters. Voice, physicality, and BIG CHOICES are the name of the game. Most of the characters are Bisexual, All of the characters are comedic. All roles are open to any gender, age, racial background, or physical demographic.
Archie McDinklethorn: A Botanist/ already cast
Sister Roberta Sandwich: (Character age 102 years old)- She is a Murder-Proof Nun and voice of Reason for our travelers, and is given signs from god along the way to guide them.
Actor 3 (4 Roles)
1. Young Master Bicrazor, a youthful lad who wants to strike out on an Adventure. YOUTHFUL KID VOICE.
2. Dinkle Dave, A dwarven Merchant with a Sunburn and a fun Norwegian Accent.
3. Jackrabbit Spencer- An energetic Thief with Fire Magic. He’s a Dreamboat, suave and energetic. Every Character is attracted to him.
4. Schist- A Metamorphic Rock who reads self-help books.
Actor 4 (4 Roles)
1. Lady Bicrazor- The Instructor of Carnivorous Plants at Wayland University. Uppity and Proper with a dark side.
2. Scorpion- A Desert Baddy that hisses and gnaws
3. Carmella Dromedary- A Camel who is part of a group of Bandits - the leader of the Bandits.
4. Obsidian- An Igneous Rock who is SASSY.
Actor 5 (4 Roles)
1. Dean Rampion- Dean of Wayland University- Very stodgy, and authoritative.
2. Scorpion- A Desert Baddy who hisses and gnaws
3. Rattlesnake Blake- A Snake who is part of a group of Bandits- Blake is a classic Bisexual cowboy in a Polyamorous relationship.
4. Sandstone- A Sedimentary Rock who is strong and mighty
Actor 6 (5 Roles)
1. Hag- Makes Kabobs, Wanders the streets, Has one eye. Very Scary.
2. Scorpion KIng- A Desert Baddy with a Crown- Hisses and Gnaws.
3. Karmadillo- A Ground/Psychic type Pokemon that has Telekinesis, Dig, Sand Attack, and Psybeam.- CHildlike and super sweet.
4. Sand Witch- A mysterious force deep in the Desert- SHe is GLAMOROUS and a BOSS.
5. Dinkle Gary, The Prison Guard- Not related to Dinkle Dave. Fun Norwegian Accent.
Sunday May 19, 11:00am-5:00pm
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
Monday May 20, 6:00pm-10:00pm
Please prepare a monologue you know very well to perform, and then be given character prompts to perform in dramatically different ways. Also research what kind of D&D character you would be- What kind of Race, Class, and Alignment and WHY. Be prepared to make physical choices in your audition. Physicality and voice work are the top of the list for what will make this show amazing. We are all rooting for you to GET WEIRD.
There is a $100 rehearsal stipend and performers will receive an share of the tip pool. All performers are required to help with some form of food service.
O Succulent! (Cafe Nordo’s 2019 Pressure Cooker) added May 1, 2019, 2:10 pm
|This listing will be deleted on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019|