Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
Prefered method of submission: Arrive for audition
Valley Center Stage
119 West North Bend Way
North Bend, WA 98045
Please email email@example.com with your interest and intent to attend audition. No appointments. Please bring a head shot and resume to the audition.
"The Gingerbread Man", Book, Music and Lyrics by Paul Lewis, Story by Paul Lewis and Carissa Meisner Smit.
"The Gingerbread Man", an action packed, musical comedy for all ages!. Narrated by a wise-cracking crow, "The Gingerbread Man" is a tale of unlikely friendships and the wonder that happens when love, kindness and the power of imagination come together.
In the grim industrial city of Tin Town, twelve-year-old Gretchen, living in an orphanage, dreams of having a family of her own. She helps the kindly baker and his wife create a dazzling gingerbread man, unintentionally giving this gingerbread creation the gift of life and a heart of his own. When Gretchen’s still-grieving parents are about to pass through town on a train, unaware that their daughter is in Tin Town, the Gingerbread Man puts two and two together and runs as fast as he can to try to stop the train.
Begin Monday, June 10th continuing through tech week, July 15th-19th.
Read-through and character discussion will be scheduled before June 10th according to cast availability. Please bring schedule conflicts to auditions. Final rehearsal schedule will be determined from conflicts. Generally, rehearsals will be from 6:30-9:00pm, Monday through Thursday and Sunday afternoons. Some early rehearsal will be arranged off-site but majority will be held at VCS.
July 20th through July 28th, 2019
* Weekend 1: Outdoor performance at Si View Park, 400 SE Orchard Dr., North Bend
- Sat, 7/20/19, 10:30 am
- Sun, 7/21/19, 4:00 pm
* Weekend 2: Indoor performance at Valley Center Stage, 119 W North Bend Way, North Bend
- Thu 7/25/19, 7:30 pm
- Sat, 7/27/19, 2 pm matinee
- Sun, 7/28/19, 2 pm matinee
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
Open call – all roles available. All ages and skill levels invited to audition.
* Gingerbread Man: Male or Female, 12 y.o. or older
* Crow: Male or Female, 30’s or older (wise-cracking narrator)
* Gretchen: Female, 12 y.o – 16 y.o. (lost in a flood and raised in an orphanage)
* Mr. Puffin: Male, 30’s to 40’s (Gretchen’s Father)
* Mrs. Puffin: Female, 30’s to 40’s (Gretchen’s Mother)
* Niccolo, the Baker: Male, 30’s or older
* Alicia, the Baker’s Wife: Female, 30’s or older
* Mrs. Tinsley: Female, 30’s to 40’s or older; (Town Matriarch) doubles as her twin sister Matron McGee
* Tinothy, Mrs. Tinsley’s obnoxious son: 12 y.o. or older
* Stationmaster: doubles as Constable
* Tom the Tinkerer: doubles as the Train Conductor
* Young Man: 20’s
* Young Woman: 20’s
* Heather, Gretchen’s friend: 12 y.o – 16 y.o.
* Horse: Male or Female, any age
* Ensemble of Townspeople
This is a theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for a not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
Saturday, May 11th, 1-4 pm and Tuesday, May 14th, 7-9 pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and intent to attend audition. No appointments.
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
Be prepared to cold read selections from the script and sight sing selections from the score. Let us know at the audition if you have tap dancing experience; experience is not required for casting. No sides available before the audition.
Please bring a head shot and resume to the audition.
The Gingerbread Man added April 28, 2019, 2:52 am
|This listing will be deleted on: Sunday, July 28, 2019|