Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
Prefered method of submission: Arrive for audition
Please note that auditions are occurring at an offsite location, Umpqua Bank, due to rehearsals at the theatre for an upcoming show.
146 Second St
North Bend, WA 98045
For auditions, free parking is availa
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and intent to attend audition. No appointments. Please bring head shot and resume to audition.
"Nunsense", Music, lyrics and book by Dan Goggin
Directed by Taylor Davis
"Nunsense" is a hilarious spoof about the misadventures of five nuns trying to manage a fundraiser. Sadly, the rest of the sisterhood died from botulism after eating vichyssoise prepared by Sister Julia. Thus, the remaining nuns – ballet-loving Sister Leo, street-wise Sister Robert Anne, befuddled Sister Mary Amnesia, the Mother Superior Sister Regina, and mistress of the novices Sister Mary Hubert – stage a talent show in order to raise the money to bury their dearly departed.
There will be a read-through in mid-December, before the holidays, exact date to be determined. The rehearsal schedule is flexible, with a tentative schedule of Sunday-Thursday, 6:30-9:30 pm and Saturdays, 11-5. The rehearsal schedule will adjust based on how much time is needed so there will be fewer rehearsals at the start (3-4 times per week), and will increase closer to open (5-6 days per week) depending on needs.
February 15, 2019 - March 9, 2019 (11 performances, 2 matinees)
Fri, 2/15/19 ,7:30 pm (Opening Night)
Sat, 2/16/19, 7:30 pm
Thu, 2/21/19, 7:30 pm
Fri, 2/22/19, 7:30 pm
Sat, 2/23/19, 7:30 pm
Sun, 2/24/19, 2 pm (matinee)
Thu, 2/28/19, 7:30 pm
Fri, 3/01/19, 7:30 pm
Sat, 3/02/19, 7:30 pm
Sun, 3/03/19, 2 pm matinee
Thu, 3/07/19, 7:30 pm
Fri, 3/08/19, 7:30 pm
Sat, 3/09/19, 7:30 pm
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
Open call – all roles available.
* Sister Mary Regina (Mother Superior) (40-60): The head of the convent, she is respected greatly by the sisters. While she is strict, she has a hard time keeping the craziness of the convent at bay. She keeps her guard up in front of the nuns, but has an extroverted side. Part requires some very physical humor. The character may be played with an Irish accent. Voice part: mezzo/belter
* Sister Mary Hubert (35-55): Hubert is in charge of novices, but fancies herself a Mother Superior and is constant competition with Mary Regina. She exudes maternal wisdom to novices, but also likes to let loose. Voice part: Mezzo/belter
* Sister Robert Anne (20-35): Once a child delinquent herself, this rough tough nun is a jokester and constantly challenging authority. She speaks with a thick Brooklyn accent and constantly displays her lack of refinement. Vocal part: Mezzo/belter
* Sister Mary Amnesia (20-35): As the name suggests, she has lost her memory and does not know who she is except that she is a nun. She is spacey and incoherent, often slipping into displays inappropriate for a nun. Must be able to sing in classical and country styles. Vocal part: Soprano AND belter
* Sister Mary Leo (18-25): Leo is the novice nun, still learning the way and coming to terms with her decision to give up “civilian” life. She is a ballerina and displays her talents through much of the show. She is also easily swayed to join in mischief. Classical dance training preferred. Vocal part: mezzo/belter
This is a theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for a not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
Sunday, December 2nd, 1:00 - 4:00 pm, Monday, December 3rd, 6:30 - 9:30 pm, no appointments
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
To be scheduled as may be required.
Acting: Cold reads from the script.
Singing: Music sides from the show.
Nunsense added November 19, 2018, 2:51 am
|This listing will be deleted on: Friday, February 15, 2019|