Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
Prefered method of submission: Arrive for audition
Valley Center Stage
119 W North Bend Way
North Bend, WA 98045
(Located in the Masonic Building above the bike shop.)
Open auditions, no appointments
Sherlock Holmes is missing, and the streets of London are awash with crime. Who will save the day? The Baker Street Irregulars – a gang of street kids hired by Sherlock himself to help solve cases. Now they must band together to prove not only that Sherlock is not dead but also to find the mayor’s missing daughter, untangle a murder mystery from their own past, and face the masked criminal mastermind behind it all – a bandit who just may be the brilliant evil Moriarty, the man who killed Sherlock himself! Can a group of orphans, pickpockets, inventors, and artists rescue the people of London? The game is afoot!
Directed by Dustin Trabert. At Valley Center Stage, he directed this summer’s "The Bremen Town Black Cat Band" and appeared in 2017’s "A Christmas Carol". He is a freelance director, actor, dramaturg, and designer who’s worked in the Puget Sound region at Centerstage Theatre, Driftwood Players, Taproot Theatre, Fully Reciprocal Theatre Company, the Slate, and West of Lenin.
* Rehearsals will begin Sat, Sep 8th.
* Rehearsal schedule is generally Mon through Thu 6:30 – 9:00 PM with some Saturday afternoons and some Sunday afternoons or evenings.
* Tech week is Oct 6th through Oct 11th, Mon through Thu, 6:00 – 10:00 PM, Sat and Sun times TBD.
* Preview performance is Thu, Oct 11th.
* We will schedule a read-through for an earlier date upon casting.
October 12th – 27th, 2018 (9 performances)
* Weekend 1:
-- Fri, Oct 12th, 7:30 PM
-- Sat, Oct 13th, 7:30 PM
* Weekend 2:
-- Thu, Oct 18th, 7:30 PM
-- Fri, Oct 19th, 7:30 PM
-- Sat, Oct 20th, 7:30 PM
-- Sun, Oct 21th, 2:00 PM
* Weekend 3:
-- Thu, Oct25th, 7:30 PM
-- Fri, Oct26th, 7:30 PM
-- Sat, Oct27th, 7:30 PM
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
* All roles available.
* Various henchmen, police, passers-by, and parents will be played by the adult cast members.
* Volunteers with interest in technical roles or stage management also welcome to contact us.
* Wiggins: Male, Plays 16, The intelligent young leader of the Irregulars. Eager to step into the gap left by Holmes’s absence.
* Eliza Mayhew: Female, Plays 15, A young woman whose grandfather is missing, Eliza enlists the Irregulars help and, in the process, becomes one of them.
* Pockets: Female, Plays 14, The Irregulars’ pickpocket, Pockets secretly leads a comfortable middle-class life with her parents when she’s not with her streetwise friends.
* Tiny: Male, Plays 16, Tiny, actually the largest of the gang, is the Irregulars’ brawn, but he’s also perhaps the best at reading other people.
* Chen: Male, Plays 12, The inventor of the Irregulars; sometimes his contraptions work, but sometimes they don’t. East Asian.
* Ash: Female, Plays 9, Tiny’s little sister, Ash can squeeze into small places and doesn’t see why someone would mind getting dirty. Likely doubles as the Mayor’s daughter.
* Doctor Watson: Male, Late 30s to 50s, Sherlock Holmes’ faithful friend. Doubled with Sherlock Holmes.
* Sherlock Holmes: Male, Late 30s to 50s, The great detective. Doubled with Dr. Watson.
* Richard Mayhew: Male 50s or older, The missing grandfather of Eliza, Richard has tried to move on from a criminal past. Likely doubled with Lestrade.
* Inspector Lestrade: Male, 30s or older, The somewhat pompous police detective, Lestrade doesn’t want the Irregulars’ help, even though he needs it. Likely doubled with Mayhew.
* Morris Wiggins, Male, Late 30s to 50s, The wicked father of Wiggins. The villain of the piece. Doubles with Moriarty. Experience with stage combat a plus.
* Moriarty: Male, 50s or older, The world’s greatest criminal mind. Doubles with Morris Wiggins.
* Peabody: Male, 30s or older, An associate of Richard Mayhew, working to keep him hidden.
* Mrs. Hudson: Female, 50s or older, Holmes and Watson’s landlady, a proper middle-class woman.
Sunday, August 12th, 1:00 – 4:00 PM, Monday, August 13th, 7:00 – 9:00 PM... open auditions, no appointments
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 18th
* Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with interest AND show up to audition.
* Please bring a head shot and resume.
* Auditions will be composed of readings from the script. Experience with English accents is welcome but not necessary.
Sherlock Holmes: The Baker Street Irregulars added August 2, 2018, 2:47 pm
|This listing will be deleted on: Saturday, September 8, 2018|