Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
"The Bremen Town Black Cat Band", adapted Paul Lewis, engages audiences of all ages with an action packed story, lessons about friendship, and lots of laughter.
Join us for the exciting, comedic musical adventures of the Bremen Town Black Cat Band! A big-hearted donkey, a loyal dog, a resourceful cat and a comedic rooster travel together far and wide on their quest to reunite with the long lost family of the donkey. Meanwhile, a couple of comical crooks from America are hiding out in the spooky Black Forest and swindle Donkey’s human parents out of their home. Will the intrepid band of animal musicians manage to raucously scare the crooks out of the house? If you know the Brothers Grimm tale, you’ll know the answer is yes.
Directed by Dustin Trabert, who you may have seen in the 2017 production of A Christmas Carol at Valley Center Stage. He is a freelance director, actor, dramaturg, and designer who’s worked in the Puget Sound region at Centerstage Theatre, Driftwood Players, Taproot Theatre, Fully Reciprocal Theatre Company, and West of Lenin.
REHEARSAL LOCATION AND DATES:
Location: Valley Center Stage
* We’ll seek to schedule a read-through the week of June the 17th.
* Rehearsals will occur from late June through the month of July.
* We will likely not work July 2nd – 6th.
PERFORMANCE DATES: 7/29/18 – 8/5/18
3 – 5 performances (2 performances currently tentative):
* Sun, July 29th, 2:00 PM (Outdoor performance at Si View Park, 400 SE Orchard Dr., North Bend, WA 98045 - http://bit.ly/2pYjnMk)
* Sat, August 4th, 2:00 PM (Valley Center Stage)
* Sun, August 5th, 2:00 PM (Valley Center Stage)
Weekend 3 (tentative):
* Sat, August 11th, 2:00 PM (Valley Center Stage)
* Sun, August 12th, 2:00 PM (Valley Center Stage)
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
Open call – all roles available.
This is a theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
* DONKEY - Gender-neutral / Any age / The protagonist. Big-hearted and talented. Plays the accordion.
* DOG - Gender-neutral / Any age / Loyal, homesick, with a major weakness for chasing squirrel. Plays a simple instrument, likely a washboard.
* CAT - Gender-neutral / Any age / Bright, resourceful, and resilient. Doubles as NARRATOR. Gender-neutral, any age. Sings lead on two songs in what might be thought of as an early twentieth century European style, one a cabaret/cafe tune with a bit of an Edith Piaf or Marlene Dietrich feel. Plays a washtub bass. Mezzo Soprano.
* ROOSTER - Gender-neutral / Any age / Fast-talking, jittery, with a corny, vaudevillian style. Plays a simple instrument, likely a kazoo. Gender-neutral, any age. Baritone/Tenor.
* OTTO - Male / Any age / An American convict hiding out in Bavaria. Not as clever as he thinks. Think Oliver Hardy or Bud Abbott. Any male range.
* HANS - Male / Any age / Otto’s partner in crime, also in disguise. Superstitious, and a bit more childlike. Think Stan Laurel or Lou Costello. Bass/Baritone.
* GIUSEPPE - Male / 35+ / A warm, kindly farmer. Any male range.
* FRANCESCA - Female / 35+ / Giuseppe’s kindly, warm wife. Giuseppe and Francesca are not rubes, but are respectful of apparent authority in a way that gets them into trouble. Any female range.
ENSEMBLE - Male/Female / Any age /Any vocal range
Saturday, May 19th from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM and Monday, May 21st from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. No appointments.
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
Please come prepared to sing a few bars of any song a capella. Note, however, that some roles, especially the Cat and the other 3 animals, require more singing ability than others (Otto, Hans, Francesca, and Guiseppe), and that casting is not dependent on this.
The Bremen Town Black Cat Band added May 14, 2018, 2:44 pm
|This listing will be deleted on: Saturday, August 4, 2018|