Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
Prefered method of submission: Arrive for audition
Valley Center Stage
119 North Bend Way
North Bend, WA
(located in the Masonic Building, above the bike shop)
No appointments. A head shot and resume is desired.
"Open House" by Tom Donahoe
Sisters, Leonie and Louise, grudgingly and yet graciously invite you as guests to their open house selling their beloved childhood home to pay off past due taxes. The elderly and very familiar sisters, the oldest a sweet widow, the youngest a curmudgeonly spinster, have spent the last 20 years living together, quizzing each other about movies and movie stars and faithfully watching "The Young and the Restless". This cleverly written script, will have you laughing as they face challenges that occur because neither of them want to deal with the drudgery of day to day life, like opening the mail, or confronting a dead beat son/nephew. A cast of unique characters fill out the play with fun twists and turns. The ending will surely surprise you!
"Open House" has been performed about 10 times, mainly in western states, including a run at Boise’s Stage Coach Theatre in 1999 and at Valley Center Stage in 2008.
Directed by Gary Schwartz, founder and former Artistic Director of Valley Center Stage. Gary’s most recent directing credits at Valley Center Stage include "A Christmas Carol", "Same Time Next Year" and "First You Jump". He has also acted and produced his own one-man show, "Off the Cuff: An Evening of Improv and Stories About My Life".
This is a theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for a not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
Read-through: Saturday afternoon, February 10th; location and time TBA.
Rehearsals at Valley Center Stage, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM:
Mon – Wed, Feb 12, 13, 14 (tentative)
Mon – Thu, Feb 19, 20, 21, 22
Mon – Thu, Feb 26, 27, 28, Mar 1
Mon – Thu, Mar 5, 6, 7, 8
Mon – Thu, Mar 12, 13, 14, 15 (15th is a preview show)
PERFORMANCE DATES: 3/16/18 – 3/31/18
Friday, Mar 16, 7:30 PM (opening night)
Saturday, Mar 17, 7:30 PM
Thursday, Mar 22, 7:30 PM
Friday, Mar 23, 7:30 PM
Saturday, Mar 24, 7:30 PM
Sunday, Mar 25, 2 PM (matinee)
Thursday, Mar 29, 7:30 PM
Friday, Mar 30, 7:30 PM
Saturday, Mar 31, 7:30 PM
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
Open call – Leonie Rue and Louise roles have been cast; all other roles available.
* Nathan, Male, Early 40s, Leonie Rue’s son who lives at home in the basement
* Sheila, Female, 30 to early 40s, Nathan’s girlfriend; an eager, not-to-bright real estate agent
* Pat, Male, 25 to 35, Marcia’s husband. An upscale professional and potential buyer of the house. (think the poodle obsessed couple in the movie “Best in Show”)
* Marcia, Female, 25 to 35, Pat’s wife, they do not get along. (think the poodle obsessed couple in the movie “Best in Show”)
* Mark, Male, 30’s or 40’s, Flamboyant, caring and psychic
* Jeremy, Male, 30’s or 40’s, Mark’s companion always up for a good time.
* Ron, Male, 35 to 60, A burglar posing as a potential buyer; not too bright
* Dex, Male, 35 to 60, Ron’s not too bright partner
* Officer Robbins, Male, 20+, Police officer with a terrible case of gas. (think “Car 54 Where Are You?” … if you are old enough to remember the show you are more than old enough to play these guys)
* Officer Krupke, Male, 20+, Police officer (think “Car 54 Where Are You?” … if you are old enough to remember the show you are more than old enough to play these guys)
* Mr./Ms. Naccarato, Not gender specific, 25 to 50, IRS auditor
Tuesday, February 6th, 6:30 - 9 PM
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
Friday, February 9th, 6:30 PM (location in North Bend TBA)
No monologues. Those auditioning will be asked to read from the script.
Open House added January 23, 2018, 12:33 pm
|This listing will be deleted on: Friday, March 16, 2018|