Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Members, please log in to email your record to this auditor.
Not a TPS member? JOIN NOW
Prefered method of submission: Email
call/email for appointment
DreamFables is a science fiction-fantasy web series, which will launch online in SPRING 2018. Some episodes have been filmed and edited. Others will be filmed soon. We have cast some actors and are looking for additional actors for the actor pool.
DreamFables is similar to the old Twilight Zone TV series, in that each episode is a different story, with different actors. We'll be filming at least 12 episodes in 2018. So we will need a lot of different actors.
IMPORTANT: Please CHOOSE ONE OF THE TIME SLOTS BELOW when requesting an audition. Your audition will likely last the full hour. DATE: SATURDAY 12/30/2017
• 10 am-11 am
• 11 am-12 pm
• 12 pm-1 pm
• 1:30 pm-2:30 pm
• 2:30 pm-3:30 pm
• 3:30pm-4:30 pm
Dreamfables is co-sponsored Wonder Productions, DreamFables Productions, and Rekindle School. However, it is not a student project.
1. What is DreamFables? It’s a “Twilight Zone” type of web series. The means that every episode will be a different little “movie” with different actors.
2. Will the actors receive IMDB credit? We do plan on submitting all of the episodes to IMDB. So the actors should be getting IMDB credit.
3. Is it aimed at kids or adults? Some episodes will have “R” rated language (such as the “F” word). And many have violence. It’s not intended for kids.
4. What are the stories about? Robots, aliens, time travel, space travel, horror, monsters, comedy, zombies, vampires, and other SF/fantasy themes. Some episodes will be dramatic. Others will be whimsical. Some will be fantasy. Some will be science fiction.
5. Will the same actors appear in all of the episodes? No. Each week will be a DIFFERENT short SF/fantasy story with DIFFERENT actors. Some actors may be cast again to play a different character later in a different episode.
6. What kinds of actors do you need? As time goes on, we expect to need actors of all ages, races, body types, and ethnicities.
7. Will you need child actors or teenaged actors? Possibly. If so we’ll hold a different audition. This audition is for adults 18 and older.
8. Are the actors paid? We would love to have the web series eventually turn into a financially successful series which is generating an income, making it possible to pay actors and pay the other people (producers, directors, writers, composer, etc.) But at this point, it is ALL VOLUNTEER. None of us are being paid for our work. We’re doing it just for fun, as a labor of love.
9. Do I need to bring a physical (printed) headshot? No, just send one by email when you apply to audition.
10. When will filming take place? All filming will be on Saturdays and Sundays.
11. Do I need to prepare a monologue? No, the audition is a sight read.
13. Are there script excerpts (sides) available to view before my audition? We will be posting some sides soon and will send them to actors who sign up to audition.
14. What are the film dates? All filming will take place on Saturdays and Sundays, in the greater Seattle area. We are currently scheduling episodes filming in January, February and March 2018. If you are cast in an episode, you’ll be given the film dates when you are offered a part.
15. Are you saying that if I’m cast, I will need to keep all of my Saturdays and Sundays free? No! The way it works is, if you are cast, you will be joining a POOL of actors that we will cast future episodes from. At that point we will ask for a list of your available dates. But even if you are invited to join the actor pool, you do NOT have to "hold" any of the dates open for DreamFables unless or until you are cast to play a particular character in a particular episode.
FOR MORE INFO: http://dreamfables.com
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
We need actors of all ages, body types, weights, heights, races, genders. Everything from macho action heroes to gentle and sensitive types.
This audition is for actors 18 or older. (We will schedule auditions later for actors younger than 18).
Saturday December 30
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
Sight read from a script. A link to the sides will be sent when you sign up to audition.
Not paid. All of us working on the project are volunteers.
DreamFables webseries added December 26, 2017, 11:31 am
|This listing will be deleted on: Monday, December 31, 2018|