Theatre Puget Sound Audition Listing Service
Prefered method of submission: Arrive for audition
Auditions will be located at 306 Main Street in the lower level of the Bank of America building at the Admin offices of Edmonds Driftwood Players in the Training Room.
Please make an appointment and fill out an online audition form through the links on the website: http://edmondsdriftwoodplayers.org/participate/auditions/
The Game’s Afoot!
Directed by Ted Jaquith
Thank you to our show sponsor: Beresford Booth, LLPC
Winner! 2012 Mystery Writers of America Edgar Allen Poe Awards – Best Play!
It is December 1936 and Broadway star William Gillette, admired the world over for his leading role in the play Sherlock Holmes, has invited his fellow cast-members to his Connecticut castle for a weekend of revelry. But when one of the guests is stabbed to death, the festivities in this isolated house of tricks and mirrors quickly turn dangerous. Then it’s up to Gillette himself, as he assumes the persona of his beloved Holmes, to track down the killer before the next victim appears. The danger and hilarity are non-stop in this glittering comedy!
“An inspired whodunit…a snappy, clever drawing-room mystery. There are twists in playwright Ken Ludwig’s The Game’s Afoot that cause the audience to gasp.” – The Cleveland Plain Dealer
“The Game’s Afoot is Murderously Funny!” – Broadway World Cleveland
“The Game’s Afoot will be performed by professional and community theaters across the country. Certainly this production is Broadway quality.” – TalkinBroadway.com
Special ASL interpreted performance on Saturday, June 17 at 8pm. Preferred seating is available for Deaf Patrons. Please contact the office for more details.
Character Breakdown / Project Needs
5 women, 3 men.
Ages will be flexible.
Open to all ethnicities.
• William Gillette: 35 -50. A dashing actor with a lively mind and a fanciful imagination. Has made a fortune from his stage adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, whom he also plays. Recently shot in the arm in a bizarre incident, Gillette is determined to bring his "Sherlock-ian" skills to bear on solving the case.
• Martha Gillette: Gillette’s dotty mother, elegant though a bit foggy, Martha never shies away from a fight. Always willing to lob a criticism when necessary, all the same, Martha is loyal to Gillette and his gang of theatrical misfits
• Simon Bright: 20s. Young leading man. Sweet, energetic and enthusiastic, can occasionally be overly sensitive. Married to Aggie.
• Aggie Wheeler: 20s. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, Aggie is the ingénue of the company. Good-natured and kind, Aggie has had tragedy in her past, though she seems to have dealt with it well, and even moved on. Recently married to Simon, they make a charming and wonderful couple. Actress needs to have a dark side.
• Felix Geisel: 40s-50s. Gillette’s best friend and occasional sidekick. Given to sarcasm, often melodramatic, always flamboyant. Married to Madge.
• Madge Geisel: 40s -50s. A leading lady, smart and passionate and delightful in a Rosalind Russell, smart-mouthed, girl-about-town kind of way.
• Daria Chase: 30s-60s. Self-made woman. Catty, funny, fierce, temperamental, passionate and vicious. She is the theatre critic we all love to hate, though you can’t help but like her, despite the terrible things she says and writes. A wonderful sense of humor goes a long way towards endearing Daria to the audience
• Inspector Goring: Woman, 30s-60s. A female police inspector (rare for that time period). English and eccentric, completely one of a kind. By turns, witty and incisive, suddenly lost and dim, she is disarming in her inability to be defined. Always off the mark, and yet never far from the truth, somehow she always gets her man.
Sunday, March 19 from 5 - 8pm and Monday, March 20 from 7 - 9pm
Callbacks or second audition/interview?
Wednesday, March 22 from 7 - 10pm
All actors should bring a resume and a headshot to the audition and be prepared with a 2 minute comedic monologue.
Actor's are paid a travel stipend.
The Game's Afoot added March 2, 2017, 11:28 pm
|This listing will be deleted on: Monday, March 20, 2017|